The Student Room Group
Graduate, University of Stirling
University of Stirling

Stirling Firmers 2012

Scroll to see replies

Hey is anybody else here going for Enviromental Geography? Stirling was my insurance but after two awful exams I'm pretty sure I've screwed up meeting my conditions to Aberdeen. Just a bit nervous cause I don't know anybody going to Stirling at all :tongue:
Graduate, University of Stirling
University of Stirling
Reply 101
Original post by RoryRorrzShikari
Hey is anybody else here going for Enviromental Geography? Stirling was my insurance but after two awful exams I'm pretty sure I've screwed up meeting my conditions to Aberdeen. Just a bit nervous cause I don't know anybody going to Stirling at all :tongue:

I'm going for Environmental Science, so I think we share a few core modules in 1st and 2nd year.. I think.. :L
Original post by mtbrichie
I'm going for Environmental Science, so I think we share a few core modules in 1st and 2nd year.. I think.. :L

Yeah I'd imagine they would. Are you staying in halls or are you from the Stirling area?
Reply 103
Yeah I'd imagine they would. Are you staying in halls or are you from the Stirling area?

Going to be staying in halls yeah, ASH 7/10E to be precise :L
Stay about a three hour drive from Stirling, how about you?
Reply 104
I'm also in murray hall in room 3/14... I think we defo will be meeting in september :smile:
Just new to the student room also... getting to grips with how it works!:smile:
Going to be staying in halls yeah, ASH 7/10E to be precise :L
Stay about a three hour drive from Stirling, how about you?

Yeah I live about that distance too. I never got offered halls. I'm not sure how you apply :s-smilie: would it be too late now?
Reply 106
Yeah I live about that distance too. I never got offered halls. I'm not sure how you apply :s-smilie: would it be too late now?

I'm guessing cause it's your insurance offer, if you fail to meet your conditions for Aberdeen, and are gonna be coming to Stirling, then they'll offer you halls then, at the same time as everyone with conditionals :smile:
Does anyone know if we need an ethernet cable?
I'm guessing cause it's your insurance offer, if you fail to meet your conditions for Aberdeen, and are gonna be coming to Stirling, then they'll offer you halls then, at the same time as everyone with conditionals :smile:

Thats a relief. Thanks :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by starstrukk

You'd be better off having one and not needing it. What is more worrying is that i'm sure i read that you only have access to the Stirling resources website and some other learning ones implying most other sites are blocked.

Can anyone confirm this? I'll be in ASH if that makes a difference.
That's exactly what I've been worrying about! As nerdy as it might sound, I just can't live without internet in my room xD

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 111
don't worry none of that is true; you do need a cable but no sites are blocked; you're not allowed to use the internet for things with world of warcraft but other than that you're free to use it as you like
Thank God! For a moment I thought I had to, you know, go outside and do stuff like meeting real people...

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 113
Original post by starstrukk

I think we do yeah, the halls don't have wifi just network ports! A couple of students doing accomodation tours at the applicant day said it's good to get a long one so it will reach your bed haha! But if you don't have one beforehand, the campus shop sells them :smile:
Original post by evie1234
I think we do yeah, the halls don't have wifi just network ports! A couple of students doing accomodation tours at the applicant day said it's good to get a long one so it will reach your bed haha! But if you don't have one beforehand, the campus shop sells them :smile:

Ah thanks! Kinda sucks.. but I'm sure I'll survive!
Reply 115
Original post by chameleon94
I'm 3/12 so we're probably sharing a kitchen, so yeah hi :tongue:

wooo hello there! You and 3/14 can help me cook! :P
Reply 116
So far, its just like anything new I suppose. :biggrin:
It's great getting to meet people before we actually arrive... i never thought I'd have the chance.
What course have you applied for?
Congrats!
Reply 118
Original post by McSpoon
wooo hello there! You and 3/14 can help me cook! :P

It will be a learning experience for us all i'm sure:smile:
Reply 119
Original post by rashcroft
It will be a learning experience for us all i'm sure:smile:

It shall be good im sure!

Quick Reply

Latest