The Student Room Group

To all those so called "Liberals".... (Labour Supporters)

Ah **** it , should've name it different
(edited 12 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Thanks for the link bro
Reply 2
huh?
Original post by swaggiee
huh?

Watch the show its on.
Reply 4
He forgot to post links lul
Reply 5
Original post by TCD23
Watch the show its on.

can't, I'm busy watching the news :biggrin:
Reply 6
There are plenty of liberals who are completely against the war in Iraq and hate the way the elderly are treated in care homes. :confused:

Voting Labour doesn't equal supporting war and abuse in care homes especially seeing as Blair and co are long gone now. In fact I fail to see how the two are interlinked you could say that those voting conservative should focus on elderly abuse instead of cuts.
Reply 7
The choice and policy of Labour government's in the past is not the same as the views of its members. Don't forget that the Conservatives also voted to go to war in Iraq.

The social policies brought about by previous Labour governments including the last one were important for the development of the country.
Original post by Beebumble
There are plenty of liberals who are completely against the war in Iraq and hate the way the elderly are treated in care homes. :confused:

Voting Labour doesn't equal supporting war and abuse in care homes especially seeing as Blair and co are long gone now. In fact I fail to see how the two are interlinked you could say that those voting conservative should focus on elderly abuse instead of cuts.

A bit naive here.

All of those in charge of the Labour Party were all members under Blair. There has not been a radical shift in the alignment of the party.

As for those spending cuts, who made us have to have them. Oh yeah Labour, thanks for that one...

Also you seem to have missed the fact that I have said that these people aren't actually Liberals at all.

I am a proper Liberal not one of these ***** who claim to be.
Original post by .eXe
He forgot to post links lul

I can't post links as IT IS ON NOW. God your an idiot,
Reply 10
So you watch a random documentary on some arbitrary issue, and suddenly you're an activist? the hell is the point of this thread? I think the # of negs on your OP will testify as to everyone's confusion on exactly what you're trying to do here?
Original post by bluegabs
The choice and policy of Labour government's in the past is not the same as the views of its members. Don't forget that the Conservatives also voted to go to war in Iraq.

The social policies brought about by previous Labour governments including the last one were important for the development of the country.

Tories are outwardly Conservative. They don't claim to help the country in any way but Right Wing ways.

Oh and what social policies were so great.
Reply 12
The repealing of section 28 definitely wasn't a liberal policy...
Original post by .eXe
So you watch a random documentary on some arbitrary issue, and suddenly you're an activist? the hell is the point of this thread? I think the # of negs on your OP will testify as to everyone's confusion on exactly what you're trying to do here?

Nope, I say all the time I hate New Labour and its so called "Liberals" who discredit real liberal.

This was a chance for people to see what their policies have caused.
Reply 14
Original post by TCD23
Tories are outwardly Conservative. They don't claim to help the country in any way but Right Wing ways.

Oh and what social policies were so great.

Repealing section 28, decriminalization of homosexuality, legalizing of abortion, reform of the house of lords, signing up to the Human Rights Act, making the judiciary more independent, devolution

Note: some are from previous labour governments

Happy?
Original post by TCD23
A bit naive here.

All of those in charge of the Labour Party were all members under Blair. There has not been a radical shift in the alignment of the party.

As for those spending cuts, who made us have to have them. Oh yeah Labour, thanks for that one...

Also you seem to have missed the fact that I have said that these people aren't actually Liberals at all.

I am a proper Liberal not one of these ***** who claim to be.

I'm not getting into an argument about cuts it's just an example of how the two things are not linked.
Original post by Beebumble
I'm not getting into an argument about cuts it's just an example of how the two things are not linked.

Yes they are linked. It was New Labour's policy that led to the complete degradation in the standards of the elderly, special needs and many more.
Repealing section 28, decriminalization of homosexuality, legalizing of abortion, reform of the house of lords, signing up to the Human Rights Act, making the judiciary more independent, devolution

Note: some are from previous labour governments

Happy?

Erm What....

I am arguing against NEW LABOUR who abandoned the English People and their old ways.

So I guess your points pretty much wrong then isn't it. :wink:

EDIT: I mean the ways of Old Labour.
Reply 18
I've no idea about "their old ways" but Labour was fantastic in some of the changes it brought about

Edit: I had no idea that you were talking about old labour until your edit
(edited 12 years ago)
I've no idea about "their old ways" but Labour was fantastic in some of the changes it brought about

Erm, what have New Labour done? They are virtually a different party from this illusion of Labour you seem to support. They're gone, having been sold down the river by Tony Blair and his cronies.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending