The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society MKVII

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1580
Original post by SciFiBoy
:jumphug: so happy to hear your night went well! I went watch football with my dad and got very drunk :wink:

Good to hear it went well :smile: :yy:

~~~~~

Why it's it always that the night I can't sleep there is no one on here, and when I do sleep everyone else can't stop talking :confused: :tongue: . Don't know why I ruined my sleep :mad: :cry2:
Reply 1581
I'm still here! Despite how tired I am I'm very not asleep.
Original post by avhhs
Good to hear it went well :smile: :yy:

~~~~~

Why it's it always that the night I can't sleep there is no one on here, and when I do sleep everyone else can't stop talking :confused: :tongue: . Don't know why I ruined my sleep :mad: :cry2:

----

im on here if you want to talk :smile:

Original post by d123

:hugs: you okay?
Original post by superwolf
Finally finished my MH mod nominations thread! :woo: Took me all bloody week, but I think I eventually managed to get down some pretty good reasons for why my candidates deserve to win. :cool:

Anybody interested in a few casual bets on who's gonna win? :tongue:

aah go on - who are the candidates and what odds will you offer?
Reply 1584

----

:hugs: you okay?

I'm ok, thanks :hugs: Been better but also been much much worse. You?
Original post by d123
I'm ok, thanks :hugs: Been better but also been much much worse. You?

aw, I hope you are good soon :hugs: im okay, drunk :tongue: but trying to distract so!
Reply 1586
aw, I hope you are good soon :hugs: im okay, drunk :tongue: but trying to distract so!

Drunk is good! It's very very tempting to drink the large amount of alcohol I have in my flat but drinking alone is probably best avoided
Original post by d123
Drunk is good! It's very very tempting to drink the large amount of alcohol I have in my flat but drinking alone is probably best avoided

true, yeah, I have done that before, doesn't feel so great tbh, but I much prefer drunk to sober really, I feel more relaxed and such!
Yet another early morning posting from me. :sigh: Typing does help wake me up and remind me a little that dreams aren't something that can really get me, but I'm still feeling so scared and awful, and the stuff from tonight/this morning was truly disgusting. Maybe one of the worst ones, and this was with the zolpidem (last time I thought it helped me sleep better for maybe three hours before I still got the patterns and the dreams, but I only took last night's one at 4am and have woken at 6 and 7 at least from the nightmares - maybe before it was just a fluke, of I'm getting used to the drug already).

There's so much stuff I need to get sorted.
Reply 1589
Original post by d123

----

Thanks both of you :hugs: . I decided to try and go to sleep straight after, and woke up just now. Once again had an amazing dream :woo: . Now I have to sort out the room. That means being able to use the computer soon, but I have an exam tomorrow :frown:

Hope everyone is ok :smile: :hugs:
In a low place. Looking up stuff online, and everything is making me feel bad. Even shopping for CDs for ****'s sake. Then gave up on looking for good stuff, and instead been googling the weird symptoms I've got, only getting nowhere. Even tried eating disorders, which I thought would be easy to find stuff about, but it's all about the common ones focussing on distorted body image and stuff, and I can't find anything where there's just something making you not eat. I already know I can only have one complan a day (prescription says two), I've had some hula hoops and I'm allowed a clementine (is allowed the right word? It feels like it's something else withholding permission, but if I look then there's nothing there :confused:).

Been feeling the energy loss from this all week. Part of me says this is ok though, because one day your head will crack open and you'll not need to worry about any of this, just know exactly what to do because at least true insanity doesn't have doubts. But if this thought is right and has hidden inside me for years then why hasn't it won out before? I used to smoke weed daily. There've been times when I thought people were trying to kill me, but it would turn out that was just for the night and then it would be gone again the next day.

I don't think I ought to be writing this. It's stuff that I believe and don't believe. But the main point is to make myself weaker and weaker and of course that means I can't control myself so much to see what I should be doing with these thoughts and who to show them to. I want there to be someone who I can show this to and they will tell me who can handle seeing it and actually explain things like a psychiatrist can't.

Ok, so I have no idea if this is going to be even remotely helpful so feel free to ignore it if you think I'm talking ****. I think I kinda get where you're coming from with restricting the food thing, from the sounds of it the reason you can't identify with any of the ED stuff is because its more about control/punishment than body image?

Spoiler

I reckon writing this stuff down is a good idea tbh as it means you can look back over your thoughts, as they were when you were having them, rather than trying to remember exactly what they were, and that might help make it a bit clearer what's actually going on. :hugs:
Regarding anon 2:
I haven't received a reply to the message I sent, but I checked her profile today and it seems she has added a new friend so hopefully she is safe enough.
Don't you just hate it when everyone lets you down and everything is against you. Haven't even opened my blinds today. Darkness is comforting.
Original post by sunfowers01
Don't you just hate it when everyone lets you down and everything is against you. Haven't even opened my blinds today. Darkness is comforting.

I don't even have the will to answer properly, or get out of bed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5estZsdX9io
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1594
I need to stop over-analysing people not replying to texts.
Original post by d123
I need to stop over-analysing people not replying to texts.

ah, I do that too :redface: I get really paranoid and stuff if people don't reply to my messages and start thinking they hate me and stuff :s-smilie: idk why it gets me so much, I always reply like straight away to messages from anyone really, maybe im just weird doing that though? :/
Argh, it's tomorrow:afraid:
Original post by headunderwater
Argh, it's tomorrow:afraid:

You\ll be so good at it, I promise. :lovehug:
You\ll be so good at it, I promise. :lovehug:

Aw thank you. I'm freaking out a tiny little bit though :redface:
Reply 1599
It has been almost a year since I missed my offer for Warwick and ended up in clearing and I still can't get over it. I genuinely cry all the time. I am now in my first year at university and hate it because I know my career prospects are significantly lower due to the elitist views of big companies. As a result of this I have been diagnosed with depression. I tried to apply for a transfer to another respectable uni but that really failed (long story).

What can I do to get over this?

Latest