The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society MKVII

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1680
Looks like everyone's having a bad day today :frown:

:grouphugs:
It is a scary thought, but I think you just have to try not to look ahead too much. If I start thinking about what my life will be like in 10 years time I just panic, because right now it seems like I'm heading down a one-way road. But even if mental illnesses recur, I reckon we can only get better at managing them and coping with them. Think about how bad you've felt at your lowest - luckily not every day is that bad! You can't expect to be happy or even 'normal' all the time, but if you can function and enjoy some aspects of your life, then... :dontknow:

If you want the rainbow then you gotta put up with the rain, as they say.
Reply 1682
essay due in tomorrow morning but cant get past 100 words
Exams in 2 weeks done no revision
Im going to fail and im panicking
None of my friends are actually helpful in that I have no one to ask for help and I cant tell if the problem is me and my depression seeing everything negatively or whether they are just all horrible and not really friends
I cant seem to wake up before 3pm just to ruin any motivation i had to start with
Still paranoid about everything
I dont want to retake erghhhhhhhh...such a failure...no one would want me as a dr I should give up but have nothing to do id end up on benefits at home in an abusive environment
Original post by AmiB
Can't things be different? :cry: Is this emptiness the norm or do normal people feel things?

How long have you been on citalopram now, a couple of weeks? It's supposed to numb your emotions so you could just be experiencing that :hugs: If it's making you feel worse then tell your GP when you go for a review.
Original post by Honeyx
essay due in tomorrow morning but cant get past 100 words
Exams in 2 weeks done no revision
Im going to fail and im panicking
None of my friends are actually helpful in that I have no one to ask for help and I cant tell if the problem is me and my depression seeing everything negatively or whether they are just all horrible and not really friends
I cant seem to wake up before 3pm just to ruin any motivation i had to start with
Still paranoid about everything
I dont want to retake erghhhhhhhh...such a failure...no one would want me as a dr I should give up but have nothing to do id end up on benefits at home in an abusive environment

I haven't started any revision for my A2's in the next few weeks either, so at least we can fail together?! :hugs:

I'm having the same issues with sleep, missing a lot of college, feeling extremely de-motivated, etc. My therapist was trying to help me with a revision strategy but my sleeping pattern is so ****ed that it's been of absolutely no use to me. Crazy how I've gone from getting straight A's last year to not knowing if I'll get into uni at all this year.

Honestly though, if you fail, it really isn't the end of the world. It will be difficult to cope with, and it may well make you feel terrible, but everything happens for a reason, and taking a year out would give you time to get your head together. I know it seems like the worst option, (believe me, I don't want to be stuck at home for another year either) but if it happens it happens, and you'll get through it. Just focus on taking every day as it comes for now :heart:
Reply 1685
Original post by Anonymous
How long have you been on citalopram now, a couple of weeks? It's supposed to numb your emotions so you could just be experiencing that :hugs: If it's making you feel worse then tell your GP when you go for a review.

Two weeks last Friday, seeing my GP a week on Monday, hope it improves by then :frown:
(edited 11 years ago)
Just been reading Frankie Sandford's (of The Saturdays) interview about suffering from depression. Really stuck out to me, and I can totally relate.

If you're interested, just Google 'Frankie Sandford depression'. Interesting read.
Original post by Sabertooth

terribly negative

Of course they might have spontaneously recovered, let's hope so. :crossedf:

:bawling: That was not something I wanted to read. Sorry.
Reply 1688
I haven't started any revision for my A2's in the next few weeks either, so at least we can fail together?! :hugs:

I'm having the same issues with sleep, missing a lot of college, feeling extremely de-motivated, etc. My therapist was trying to help me with a revision strategy but my sleeping pattern is so ****ed that it's been of absolutely no use to me. Crazy how I've gone from getting straight A's last year to not knowing if I'll get into uni at all this year.

Honestly though, if you fail, it really isn't the end of the world. It will be difficult to cope with, and it may well make you feel terrible, but everything happens for a reason, and taking a year out would give you time to get your head together. I know it seems like the worst option, (believe me, I don't want to be stuck at home for another year either) but if it happens it happens, and you'll get through it. Just focus on taking every day as it comes for now :heart:

Thank you for your reply... I've already had a couple of yrs out of uni and retook my alevels so feel like im way behind where I should be. Its a miracle that the med school haven't chucked me out! I didnt take my first lot of exams so doing them for the 1st time at retake time but dont want to do these exams then to!
Hopefully a miracle will occur and I pass don't care what with!
I hope you get the grades you need, although I do know how difficult it can be when your feeling like ****! Good luck :hugs:
something potentially good has happened :redface:

Spoiler

Reply 1690
Original post by superwolf

Hate it when people spoiler things on this thread, I feel a compulsion to expand them and they almost always are triggers...
Original post by Honeyx
Thank you for your reply... I've already had a couple of yrs out of uni and retook my alevels so feel like im way behind where I should be. Its a miracle that the med school haven't chucked me out! I didnt take my first lot of exams so doing them for the 1st time at retake time but dont want to do these exams then to!
Hopefully a miracle will occur and I pass don't care what with!
I hope you get the grades you need, although I do know how difficult it can be when your feeling like ****! Good luck :hugs:

Well the fact that they haven't kicked you out means that they have faith in your abilities, no? :smile: Hang in there, I'm sure you probably know a lot more than you think you do and will be able to pass the exams. Good luck to you as well, post here and let us know how you do! :hugs:
Original post by AmiB
Why are you feeling down? Something happen today? :hugs:

Friendly warning: that guy was reported for spamming on this thread the other day and his posts were removed. I've just reported him again in case he's planning to cause more trouble. Up to you if you wanna keep talking to him of course, but just bear in mind that not everyone wants what's best for you. :hugs:
Reply 1693
Original post by SciFiBoy
something potentially good has happened :redface:

Spoiler

That's brilliant! Happy for you :smile: Hope it works out to be all you want it to be.
Reply 1694
Friendly warning: that guy was reported for spamming on this thread the other day and his posts were removed. I've just reported him again in case he's planning to cause more trouble. Up to you if you wanna keep talking to him of course, but just bear in mind that not everyone wants what's best for you. :hugs:

Reported him before I actually read your reply, great minds... :five:

:colondollar:

If it makes you feel any better at least 2 of the posters who used to post here are still alive. One posts elsewhere on TSR and the other I had on facebook and seemed very happy since starting uni.
Original post by d123
That's brilliant! Happy for you :smile: Hope it works out to be all you want it to be.

Original post by Sabertooth

terribly negative

Of course they might have spontaneously recovered, let's hope so. :crossedf:

I suppose if they've stopped posting in here but are still active on TSR then they've perhaps recovered (or alternatively, got sick of the amount of spammers and decided to deal with things themselves).

It's not really supposed to make you numb. It's supposed to make you less depressed. Numbness is just an unfortunate side-effect of SSRIs that can go away at the right dose/after a while or when you change meds. If you're just completely numb, you're not appropriately medicated.
I'm screwed. That is all.

Latest