Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society MKVII

Scroll to see replies

Original post by AntisthenesDogger
I'm screwed. That is all.

what's up?
Reply 1701
Original post by The_Male_Melons
I am sat here wishing I was 10 again. Seriously regret the life choices I make. I feel **** and just feel if I could start life again, I would do things so differently.
If I wasn't muslim, I would have been on the juice by now, would have needed it to even function.

:console: Being Muslim too, I can probably understand stuff that other people can't :tongue: .
I also feel the same way at times. I feel I should have realised earlier how much my parents were isolating me, and taken them on. They're paranoid about everything. Not being born in this country, and being quite old and religious too, they think this culture is bad and stuff and my dad loves to slag it off all the time :mad: . However I became quite close friend with a girl a few months ago and she has completely transformed me, from believing pretty much everything my parents said, to finding out more about what goes on in the social world. She has also transformed me from being quite religious to wanting to rebel at the earliest opportunity :biggrin: . However, I really struggle a lot now and have no friends outside school. They still don't understand what they've done to me :sad: .
Sometimes I really want to drink too, but I'm gonna wait till uni (hopefully if I get in next year) :biggrin: .

Original post by SciFiBoy
something potentially good has happened :redface:

Spoiler

Omg that is so amazing :woo: :awesome: . Well done :smile:

Well, managed to set up my room, which means everything is back to normal :awesome: . My computer is working again too :smile: . But I have an exam tomorrow morning, and have done very little revision. Right now I also feel tired :frown: .

:jumphug: for everyone else :smile:

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Wildfire S
Reply 1702
Spent about half an hour trying to work out exactly what I wanted to say to my friend to let him know I'm upset with him, and then he goes offline about a minute before I'm ready to talk. Bad timing hits again!
Original post by avhhs
Omg that is so amazing :woo: :awesome: . Well done :smile:

Well, managed to set up my room, which means everything is back to normal :awesome: . My computer is working again too :smile: . But I have an exam tomorrow morning, and have done very little revision. Right now I also feel tired :frown: .

:jumphug: for everyone else :smile:

thanks :redface: I feel like such a child that this made me so happy though really :tongue:

good luck with your exam! :yy:

Original post by d123
Spent about half an hour trying to work out exactly what I wanted to say to my friend to let him know I'm upset with him, and then he goes offline about a minute before I'm ready to talk. Bad timing hits again!

:hugs: send him one when he is next online :smile:
Reply 1704
thanks :redface: I feel like such a child that this made me so happy though really :tongue:

:hugs: send him one when he is next online :smile:

Yeah, I don't know, I think if I don't have the conversation tonight I won't, and it will just happen again, and again. Ah well, maybe he'll come back on tonight.
Original post by d123
Yeah, I don't know, I think if I don't have the conversation tonight I won't, and it will just happen again, and again. Ah well, maybe he'll come back on tonight.

ah, well I have my fingers crossed for you :smile:
Reply 1706
ah, well I have my fingers crossed for you :smile:

Reply 1707

Don't worry :smile: . Any normal person will be happy to go out with anyone, and for us lot it is even better :tongue: (if they don't trigger you obviously :wink:). Especially if it is a date with a girl :smile: . I've never been successful with girls :sad:

Original post by avhhs
Don't worry :smile: . Any normal person will be happy to go out with anyone, and for us lot it is even better :tongue: (if they don't trigger you obviously :wink:). Especially if it is a date with a girl :smile: . I've never been successful with girls :sad:

thanks, I know, I mean, I really like her so I hope things turn out well :smile: don't worry, im sure you will meet someone :hugs:
Reply 1709
Original post by avhhs

Speaking from experience. You will be successful with girls. Trust me on this. I used to have the same mindset as you a couple of years ago but it's all self-esteem :smile: There's someone out there for everyone and I know it's a cliché but it will happen when you least expect it to and when you're not looking :smile:
Reply 1710
Great. He came online, I said hi, he went offline without saying anything. I think he's worked out I'm not worth talking to. Surprised it took him this long, but never mind, it's clearly the conclusion he's reached. Great. I shouldn't have messaged him, now I feel even more alone and even worse. Part of me is holding out that he'll come back in a moment and reply, part of me just wants to run away and do something stupid.
Original post by d123
Great. He came online, I said hi, he went offline without saying anything. I think he's worked out I'm not worth talking to. Surprised it took him this long, but never mind, it's clearly the conclusion he's reached. Great. I shouldn't have messaged him, now I feel even more alone and even worse. Part of me is holding out that he'll come back in a moment and reply, part of me just wants to run away and do something stupid.

maybe he just busy or something atm and be online to chat soon? don't do anything stupid though! :hugs:
Reply 1712
maybe he just busy or something atm and be online to chat soon? don't do anything stupid though! :hugs:

Hmm, maybe. It's unlikely though. :frown: I'll try not to.
Original post by d123
Hmm, maybe. It's unlikely though. :frown: I'll try not to.

you never know! :hugs: please don't, if you feel really bad then you can vent here or call Samaritans or someone if you really need to!
Reply 1714
thanks, I know, I mean, I really like her so I hope things turn out well :smile: don't worry, im sure you will meet someone :hugs:

Thanks :smile: . Hope things turn out well too :yy: . Looking forward to hearing good news :biggrin:

Original post by Deyesy
Speaking from experience. You will be successful with girls. Trust me on this. I used to have the same mindset as you a couple of years ago but it's all self-esteem :smile: There's someone out there for everyone and I know it's a cliché but it will happen when you least expect it to and when you're not looking :smile:

Thanks for the vote of confidence :tongue: :biggrin: . Looks like I'll just have to be patient :sadnod: . Though to be fair, there has been several instances over the last few weeks of random girls with a friend or two smiling at me or noticing Mr and talking about me :smile: . Just have to hope it translates into success for me :smile:

°°°°°°

Off to sleep! Good night and sweet dreams everyone :jumphug:

Spoiler

(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1715
you never know! :hugs: please don't, if you feel really bad then you can vent here or call Samaritans or someone if you really need to!

Thanks, I've had a shower and calmed down slightly.
Original post by avhhs
Thanks :smile: . Hope things turn out well too :yy: . Looking forward to hearing good news :biggrin:

well, I will let people know after the 10th June! (back at Uni 7th-10th to visit, not sure if hotel im staying at has wifi so idk I will be online here then to keep people up to date :tongue:)

Original post by d123
Thanks, I've had a shower and calmed down slightly.

cool, that's good :smile: if you need to talk then thread is always here :hugs:
had a discussion with the BF today during which he said that because he is really stressed about exams (he has 3 next week, he is at uni with me) he can't deal with me being like this at the moment because it is stressing him out more. He said it in passing and I really don't think he meant anything by it but it really does make me feel **** because I already do feel like a burden on him, and I just feel like he thinks that me feeling like this is all under my control!
Reply 1718
well, I will let people know after the 10th June! (back at Uni 7th-10th to visit, not sure if hotel im staying at has wifi so idk I will be online here then to keep people up to date :tongue:)

cool, that's good :smile: if you need to talk then thread is always here :hugs:

He came back, so we're having a fairly deep discussion so I probably won't be posting here that much for the duration of it, it's taking a lot of emotional energy.
Reply 1719

Don't worry about it too much :smile: . Just concentrate on having an awesome time with her :h:

Latest