The Student Room Group

Maths exam IGCSE - HIGHER TIER - PAPER 3H AND PAPER 4H POST DISCUSSION.

Scroll to see replies

i got reported and 10 points for saying sum1 post the 4h AFTER i did the exam????
i feel hurt :frown: :P
Original post by Mazzini
It's 200 patients :smile:

how many marks do you reckon I will get if I did all of the calculations correct but ended up with 10 less? 2/3 perhaps?
Original post by IGCSE
most of the time the right answer = full marks as long as they can vaguely see that u are on track with the working.....
only problem might be if they suspect u of cheating and just seeing 2.5 and writing it down..... if u had r^3=126/8 or whatever it was.... you should get full marks

I won't get my hopes up as what I did I got the answer 1st by trial and error and then decided to work backwards as I couldn't figure it out to start with. So as you can imagine my working was all over the place where I was just plugging in numbers everywhere.
Original post by Darshi25
So what are the estimated grade boundaries?

I would estimate somewhere in the region of 80-81 based on the difficulty of the previous papers and their respective grade boundaries.
i estimate i got about low 74 % on paper 3h and i think hopefully higher 90% on paper 4h...maybe mid like 95... do u think this will cancel to be an a or an a*??
hey for the graph question they asked for 1 d.p. (2.3 or 2.4)
I wrote 2.35. Is it correct. Previous markshemes including last may's accept awrt. What does that mean? Answers that round off to??????????????????????????????
Original post by StUdEnTIGCSE
I wrote 2.35. Is it correct. Previous markshemes including last may's accept awrt. What does that mean? Answers that round off to??????????????????????????????

I hope there is some leniency as I got 2.6

they specifically ask for 1dp : you get one mark for drawing the correct line and one mark for giving the solution to dp so you would get 1/2 for that question although you could get 2 if they are convinced you weren't paying attention as opposed to not knowing what 1.d.p is :wink:
Original post by Umackjiggles
how many marks do you reckon I will get if I did all of the calculations correct but ended up with 10 less? 2/3 perhaps?

You'd probably lose a mark or two I'd say.
Do they give marks if they believe that we have misread questions?
Original post by Mazzini
You'd probably lose a mark or two I'd say.

Have you seen a maths marksheme?
Older ones say "that round off to" while 2011 and 12 says "awrt"
Whats awrt??
Do they give marks if they believe that we have misread questions?

you get follow through marks so if u got the wrong answer but the right method then u get most of the marks , maybe knock like one...same with if u copy the number from the question wrong or whatever
Original post by Umackjiggles
they specifically ask for 1dp : you get one mark for drawing the correct line and one mark for giving the solution to dp so you would get 1/2 for that question although you could get 2 if they are convinced you weren't paying attention as opposed to not knowing what 1.d.p is :wink:

what if I answered the question algebraically and not using a line and getting the correct answer?
Reply 1113
solutions?
Have you seen a maths marksheme?
Older ones say "that round off to" while 2011 and 12 says "awrt"
Whats awrt??

Not sure :dontknow:

I know "oe" stands for "or equivalent" and "cao" means "correct answer only" but I'm not sure apart from that.
anything which rounds to
Original post by desslop
But the thing is the volume of the cylinder without the spheres isn't the actual volume of the cylinder simply because of the spheres. pi*r^2*h stands for the actual volume of the cylinder and hence the volume of cylinder + the volume of sphere = pi*r^2*h. Well at least thats how i interpreted it, maybe i just got lucky with my interpretation.

Not exactly. Some of the volume of the cylinder has been "taken" by the spheres. So the volume of the spheres is the exact volume of the missing part of the cylinder's volume. So, adding the volume of the spheres, to the volume of the unoccupied space, gives the actual volume of the cylinder, now filled. Thus their sum = pi*r^2*h.
Original post by gabriel 41
You're right scale factor is 1/5 because that simplifies 3/15. Correct!

Gabriel what other exams do u do?/ can unget any other papers
Original post by thetejmaster
Gabriel what other exams do u do?/ can unget any other papers

oh i do maths english lang, double science, history, geography, french and food tech
Original post by A level deadman
i got reported and 10 points for saying sum1 post the 4h AFTER i did the exam????
i feel hurt :frown: :P

so did I.. ridiculous :/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending