The Student Room Group

AQA Economics 18th May 2012 Unit 1 Exam

Scroll to see replies

Reply 580
Original post by Wrathmeister
for context 2 12 marker, i think i went a bit offbeat. i said that the government had effectively imposed a maximum price of healthcare of 0, meaning that there would be an excess demand of Q1 workers, along with an ageing population so this demand is increasing, represented by a diagram. not sure i answered the question properly :/

I did this too! It was the only diagram I remembered which indicated excess demand.:s-smilie::confused:
guys for the 12 marker at the end i put three definitions in; demand, supply and monopoly. how many marks would i get for this? btw for the mining question
Original post by undertaker1
guys for the 12 marker at the end i put three definitions in; demand, supply and monopoly. how many marks would i get for this?

2 Marks max for definitions
Original post by bethany18
Thank you, is 11 a?

That is also what I got, yes. :smile:

1.) B
2. C
3. D
4. C
5. A
6. D
7. D
8. C
9.A
10. C
11. A
12. B
13. D
14. C
15. B
16. C
17. B
18. D
19. D
20. A
21. A
22. B
23. C
24. A
25.B
Original post by sreddy17
right , so your sayiong the statement would read market failure arises whenever firms create externalities... thats obviously not true.

b, however, shows inefficiency which is a market failure

Why are you arguing when it is in the textbook?
Original post by IChooseThisName

i put that!!! its come up so many years before

Yeah I got that as well.
Can someone put together a definite marking scheme! haha cos everyone is saying different things :frown:
I'm almost certain 16 is C, externalities(positive or negative)=market failure
Original post by sreddy17
right , so your sayiong the statement would read market failure arises whenever firms create externalities... thats obviously not true.

b, however, shows inefficiency which is a market failure

All externalities are market failures in a free market. You're wrong, and what's worse, you're trying to be smug because you think everyone else is wrong.

1.) B
2. C
3. D
4. C
5. A
6. D
7. D
8. C
9.A
10. C
11. A
12. B
13. D
14. C
15. B
16. C
17. B
18. D
19. D
20. A
21. A
22. B
23. C
24. A
25.B

Maybe people are getting confused between market failure and government failure on number 11?
Original post by hannahjones13
Can someone put together a definite marking scheme! haha cos everyone is saying different things :frown:

I'll try and compile the answers when people are more agreed on them haha
Original post by Chris1234
i did the earth materials question, for question c i did a supply digram shifting to the left as i though it was talking about what would happen if the chinese capped their exorts, i got told i read the question wrong but did i?

also for question d firstly i done a definition for neg externalities then went on about regulatiosn and explain and evaluated it, drew a external cost diagram (msc above mpc), then went on about taxation and finally evaluated it all, i also got told that i was wrong for this and i should have wrote about how earth materials contribute to msb as they help hybrid cars and so on.... so in question d i spoke about neg externalities alot & gov intervention.

was i wrong for this also? thanks

I shifted the supply to the left as well, as China limited export to raise prices, thus supplying less.

For part four, I talked about government intervention (legislation/taxed/so on) and government failure. Compared it to free market where natural monopolies can occur, leading to productive inefficiency, and also market failure. Compared the two and concluded.

You're fine, I think.
Original post by bethany18
Maybe people are getting confused between market failure and government failure on number 11?

Did you get A?
Reply 594
I shifted the supply to the left as well, as China limited export to raise prices, thus supplying less.

For part four, I talked about government intervention (legislation/taxed/so on) and government failure. Compared it to free market where natural monopolies can occur, leading to productive inefficiency, and also market failure. Compared the two and concluded.

You're fine, I think.

yeah i pretty much done the same as you, related it back to the free market also, just got told i read the questiosn wrong so thats why i was a bit worried, thanks
I got C for 11.
Original post by venenecinema
Did you get A?

it is A, i ave already put a
Original post by hannahjones13
I got C for 11.

that is market failure.. sorry that question has come up loads b4
Reply 598
Heyy guys!! How do you lot remember these answers!?!
Just wanted to ask..i paniced because i forgot my ruler and then didnt kno how to draw diagrams :/ , thought they would of marked me down if it was all scruffy so wasted about 10 mins sorting that out :frown: so then in the 25 marker only managed to write two points - explained and analysed and hopefully evaluated and a conclusion. Do you reckon they will mark me down for not having 3 pointss? :frown:
how can people even remember lol

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending