The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

St Andrews Applicants 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1760
Original post by megscot95
I received an email this morning from St. Andrews accommodation with an ID number and link to the form :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks. I got an email with my ID number after I posted!
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Reply 1761
Original post by pratstercs
Can anyone else not get into the accommodation site? I keep getting an error every time I try

It may be the internet browser you’re using; it didn’t open with safari, but worked fine with firefox. Maybe you should try another browser? Hope you get it to work soon. :smile:
Original post by pratstercs
Can anyone else not get into the accommodation site? I keep getting an error every time I try

Check that you registered with the correct birthdate on your UCAS application, this is the one they have on file.
Also make sure you use the British DD/MM/YYYY, not the American MM/DD/YYYY.
:smile:
Original post by Isthmus
It may be the internet browser you’re using; it didn’t open with safari, but worked fine with firefox. Maybe you should try another browser? Hope you get it to work soon.

Original post by Kilted Kiwi
Check that you registered with the correct birthdate on your UCAS application, this is the one they have on file.
Also make sure you use the British DD/MM/YYYY, not the American MM/DD/YYYY.

Thanks for the ideas, but apparantly it's a problem on their end. The error's changed now, and it says:
If you have been given an offer of a University place in the last few days please try again tommorrow, this will allow enough time for Registry and Accommodation systems to synchronise.

If anyone else like me is having problems, that's probably why :smile:
Just firmed my offer for Maths.

I can't get onto the accommodation form either, but that's hardly surprisingly seeing as I only confirmed this morning.
Original post by oldlady
Finally, finally - my son has an AAA offer for mediaeval history and archaeology, which just came through a few minutes ago. So much for 31 March, but at least it was only a few hours late! He's relieved and over the moon, and I expect will be firming soon. BEST of luck to all still waiting, it can't be long now.

Many congratulations my son still waiting, i rang this morning only to be told it could take up to next week to hear, this has been the worst few days ever.......
Reply 1766
Original post by Charlie_Ellie
I'm from kent too. Are you planning on going to visit? I'm concerned as it's soo far away. :s

:hi: yes I am going to visit on the march 10th open day, I was only going to go if I got an offer though because, as you say, it's so far away, luckily I have one now. Are you visiting? The distance did put me off a bit at first but I reasoned that once your there it would be like being anywhere else really :P
Original post by bramley
:hi: yes I am going to visit on the march 10th open day, I was only going to go if I got an offer though because, as you say, it's so far away, luckily I have one now. Are you visiting? The distance did put me off a bit at first but I reasoned that once your there it would be like being anywhere else really :P

Well, I know it's good to visit, but It would mean having an overnight stay which I don't want to make my parents pay for... Also i'd have to arrange an individual day with them because the 3rd and the 10th were too short notice for my parents and the 17th is LSE offer day.... I didn't think I was gonna get an offer at all, because I'm for deferred and their website said they really don't give many deferred offers.... so i didn't think about visiting before the offer came...
Reply 1768
Original post by jonjojack
Many congratulations my son still waiting, i rang this morning only to be told it could take up to next week to hear, this has been the worst few days ever.......

I know, I can't believe they have still got people to notify. 2 years ago my older son heard in the last week of February, so we knew we'd have to wait compared to other universities - but weren't expecting it to be this long. All I can say by way of consolation is these late ones include acceptances, not just rejections as we feared. Fingers and toes crossed for you.
Reply 1769
Original post by Charlie_Ellie
Well, I know it's good to visit, but It would mean having an overnight stay which I don't want to make my parents pay for... Also i'd have to arrange an individual day with them because the 3rd and the 10th were too short notice for my parents and the 17th is LSE offer day.... I didn't think I was gonna get an offer at all, because I'm for deferred and their website said they really don't give many deferred offers.... so i didn't think about visiting before the offer came...

Oh ok well that's fair enough, do you think you'll end up firming st andrews or go for LSE?
Original post by BioBio
I am also trying to apply for accommodation and am struggling with the ID number - Have your Firmed StA? I haven't Firmed yet so I wondered if they don't send it to you until you have Firmed?

They sent an email with the student ID numbers to those who have firmed their choice at 9am this morning (hence why i hadn't got mine because i got up to early!)

so I guess yes you need to have firmed!
Original post by amabella
They sent an email with the student ID numbers to those who have firmed their choice at 9am this morning (hence why i hadn't got mine because i got up to early!)

I got an email from them with an ID number at 9:20 this morning and I'm really confused because I put them as my insurance not my firm. Do I just ignore it?
Accommodation applied for, just got my dad to finish working out his finances for the scholarship. Why ask for a tax year that hasn't even finished yet? Crazy
Original post by bramley
Oh ok well that's fair enough, do you think you'll end up firming st andrews or go for LSE?

I'll probably firm LSE and insure St Andrews i think...

It wasn't just to those who have firmed/insured as I haven't confirmed any offers and I still got an email this morning :smile:
Original post by hrbrox
I got an email from them with an ID number at 9:20 this morning and I'm really confused because I put them as my insurance not my firm. Do I just ignore it?

You still need to apply for accommodation using the student ID if its your insurance as if you have to go there they need to be able to allocate you accommodation when they do it at the end of August :smile:
Original post by neutralmilks
You still need to apply for accommodation using the student ID if its your insurance as if you have to go there they need to be able to allocate you accommodation when they do it at the end of August :smile:

Oh ok thanks :smile: Bit annoying as I have no intention of going to St Andrews. My firm will let me in if I drop a grade and if I drop 2 I'd rather retake the year.
Reply 1777
Original post by hrbrox
Oh ok thanks :smile: Bit annoying as I have no intention of going to St Andrews. My firm will let me in if I drop a grade and if I drop 2 I'd rather retake the year.

If you have no intention of going then perhaps you don't need to bother - indeed why put it as insurance at all if you would never take it up? My older son had no insurance, St Andrews was both his first choice and lowest conditional offer, so he declined all the others. It's not meant to be annoying - it's meant to be helpful!

No, they sent it to everyone, but you need to have firmed/insured to actually get into the application.
Original post by fifelife
everyone who's pretty sure they'll be attending St. Andrews next fall should join the University of St Andrews Class of 2017 facebook group!

which one?! There's like five of them XD

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending