The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Didierr
Name: Didierr!
GCSEs (Subjects): maths, further maths, english language, english lit, triple science, drama, spanish, r.s. (AS ICT & Critical Thinking)
Predictions: mostly As, A* in maths and sciences, and B in english lang
A-Levels: Maths, Biology, Chemistry, Physics or Drama
Results: :eek::argh::cry2: TBA

Hey I am doing AS-ICT as well mate. What exam board are you with?
Reply 41
Original post by GreenLantern1
Yh. I mean I have an offer for a better grammar school, but I am at a grammar atm and I can't be bothered to move so will probably just stay there.

What about yourself?

I'm not sure, I go to a state school at the moment and have an offer for another state school that's nearer to where I live (which is the best school in the county, and I had to do a Cognitive Ability Test to get in because they have so many applicants). However, I'm not sure whether I want to move yet, so I'll probably just go to both induction days and then decide. :smile:
Reply 42
Name: Jess
GCSEs (Subjects): English lit, English language, Maths, Art, R.E, Ict, Childcare, Core Science, Additional Science
Predictions: English lit - B, English lang - B, Maths - D, Art - C, R.E - A, Ict - C, Childcare - Distinction, Core science - C, Add science - C
A-Levels:
Results: Maths - C Ict - C
Reply 43
Original post by madders94
Just thought I'd pop in to say good luck to everyone doing their GCSEs :biggrin:

thanks! :smile:
Reply 44
Original post by lizz-ie
I'm not sure, I go to a state school at the moment and have an offer for another state school that's nearer to where I live (which is the best school in the county, and I had to do a Cognitive Ability Test to get in because they have so many applicants). However, I'm not sure whether I want to move yet, so I'll probably just go to both induction days and then decide. :smile:

Wow that sounds great. you must be really clever! Well good luck for wherever you got to!
Reply 45
Original post by iJess
GCSEs (Subjects): English lit, English language, Maths, Art, R.E, Ict, Childcare, Core Science, Additional Science
Predictions: English lit - B, English lang - B, Maths - D, Art - C, R.E - A, Ict - C, Childcare - Distinction, Core science - C, Add science - C
A-Levels:

Can I ask? Your predic for maths is D yet you have gotten a C already. Would you like me to remove that prediction?
Reply 46
Original post by iJess
A-Levels:

And shall I put going to college under A-Levels?

Also what course are you doing so I can put that too :smile:
Reply 47
Original post by madders94
Just thought I'd pop in to say good luck to everyone doing their GCSEs :biggrin:

Hey there! Hopefully I will do well in this and A-Levels hehe! :smile:
Reply 48
Wow that sounds great. you must be really clever! Well good luck for wherever you got to!

Well, I hope I am! I don't think I'm going to do brilliantly in my GCSEs though, I've been getting headaches/migraines every day since January, so I'm REALLY worried about my exams, especially since I know I could've done so much better in the ones I've already done :frown: it's so hard to concentrate when you have a migraine in an exam :frown: good luck for your exams!
Reply 49
And shall I put going to college under A-Levels?

Also what course are you doing so I can put that too :smile:

Yeah I'm off to college to do VRQ level 2 in hairdressing :smile:
Reply 50
Original post by lizz-ie
Well, I hope I am! I don't think I'm going to do brilliantly in my GCSEs though, I've been getting headaches/migraines every day since January, so I'm REALLY worried about my exams, especially since I know I could've done so much better in the ones I've already done :frown: it's so hard to concentrate when you have a migraine in an exam :frown: good luck for your exams!

Cheers. I should probably get off here and revise for a bit! Have AS-ICT on tuesday!
Reply 51
Name: quotidian
GCSEs (Subjects): English Lang., English Lit., Maths, Add Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, French, Technology, Business Studies, R.E.
Predictions: A* / A in all (Doesn't feel that way after some of the exams though :biggrin:)
A-Levels: (Hopefully) Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Economics
Results:A* in Maths (taken 2011), rest TBA
Reply 52
Name: Kermitt
GCSEs (Subjects): English Lit & Lang, Maths, Double Science, Spanish, Art, History, PE and ICT. (And a BTEC in Social Studies.)
Predictions: 1 A*, 4 As, 3 Bs
A-Levels: Spanish, English Literature, Philosophy and Classical Civilisation or Politics instead on CC.
Results already got: Maths - B and Core Science - B.
Name: Coloured Vanity
GCSE Subjects: Biology, Chemistry, Citizenship, Drama, English Language, English Literature, French, Mathematics, Music, Physics, Religious Studes and Statistics.
Predictions: 2 A*s, 7 As and 2 Bs.
A-Levels: Biology, Chemistry, English Language + Literature, Physics and Psychology.
Results: TBA
Name: CharlieBoardman
GCSEs (Subjects): Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, English Language, English Literature, Statistics, GCSE PE, Drama, Religious Studies.
Already Achieved: Maths - A*; Religious Studies; A*; Statistics; A.
Predictions: 8A*, 1A and 1B (English Literature O.o)
A-Levels: Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Chemistry & Biology
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 55
Name : Lucy
GCSE's : Maths,Chemistry,Biology,physics,Sociology,RS,BTEC SPORT,Drama,English Language,English literature,Business.
Already achieved : English language : A. Maths A*
Predictions : 4A*'s, 6A's and 1B
Alevels : Maths,Chemistry,Biology and maybe english lit/physics. Depends on my results in august.
Results :TBA
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 56
Original post by CharlieBoardman
Name: CharlieBoardman
GCSEs (Subjects): Maths, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, English Language, English Literature, Statistics, GCSE PE, Drama, Religious Studies.
Already Achieved: Maths - A*; Religious Studies; A*; Statistics; A.
Predictions: 8A*, 1A and 1B (English Literature O.o)
A-Levels: Maths, Further Maths, Physics, Chemistry & Biology

You got an A in stats. So did I bro - was hoping for A* in that as well, cuz it's maths init! I ended up getting 179/200 so 89.5% grr. Was yours close?
You got an A in stats. So did I bro - was hoping for A* in that as well, cuz it's maths init! I ended up getting 179/200 so 89.5% grr. Was yours close?

Well, we did our coursework for it in Year 9, and because my teacher knew nothing about statistics coursework, I got a C in it! So I got a good A* in the exam, which numbed my grade up to an A overall :smile: I don't know how close I actually was, I never got told!
Name: myyrealname
GCSEs: Maths, Biology, Chemistry, Physics, English Lit, English Lang, Drama, Spanish, French, History, ICT (Short Course)
Already Achieved: Nothing!
Predictions: 5.5A*s, 5As
A Levels: Maths, Biology, Chemistry, Art (or Economics)
Reply 59
Original post by CharlieBoardman
Well, we did our coursework for it in Year 9, and because my teacher knew nothing about statistics coursework, I got a C in it! So I got a good A* in the exam, which numbed my grade up to an A overall :smile: I don't know how close I actually was, I never got told!

I got A* in the exam and an A* in my coursework. But then the exam board moderated the school's coursework down and mine went to a bottom A so I just missed A* overall! I could've gotten an E in my coursework and I still would have gotten an A overall. What a waste !

Latest