The Student Room Group

Do you think I'll lose my grad scheme?

I am planning to ask my graduate scheme about this tomorrow when they are open. In the meantime, I'll ask here. I have deferred my exam to August, but will have the rest of my results in June/July.

My graduate scheme states that if there is any delay to getting results (i.e. resits) I should tell them.

So while I wait for the official answer, I wanted to know if someone can help, if you:
a) anyone had experience with a graduate scheme in general with this and the offer was conditional on your results.
b) anyone with careers knowledge
c) if anyone went through/is going through anything similar with the NHS GMTS (as that is my scheme) specifically and wanted to share their experience.

Thanks!
(edited 11 months ago)
Original post by yotsr123
I am planning to ask my graduate scheme about this tomorrow when they are open. In the meantime, I'll ask here. I have deferred my exam to August, but will have the rest of my results in June/July.

My graduate scheme states that if there is any delay to getting results (i.e. resits) I should tell them.

So while I wait for the official answer, I wanted to know if someone can help, if you:
a) anyone had experience with a graduate scheme in general with this and the offer was conditional on your results.
c) if anyone went through/is going through anything similar with the NHS GMTS (as that is my scheme) specifically and wanted to share their experience.

Thanks!
Hey! Do you mind me asking what happened? I will be in the same position with doing an exam in August and have applied to the NHS grad scheme too
Reply 2
Original post by itsemziexoxoxo
Hey! Do you mind me asking what happened? I will be in the same position with doing an exam in August and have applied to the NHS grad scheme too

Hi! Did you ever get an answer about this? I’m in a similar position.
Reply 3
Thanks!

Hi! Did you ever hear back from the GMTS regarding this ? Are they flexible with their mid August deadline at all? Thank you!
Reply 4
Original post by amjads1
Hi! Did you ever hear back from the GMTS regarding this ? Are they flexible with their mid August deadline at all? Thank you!

Original post by amjads1
Hi! Did you ever get an answer about this? I’m in a similar position.

Original post by itsemziexoxoxo

I logged into TSR by chance and saw these replies! Anyway, if you all are getting your results after whatever date you are meant to start the scheme, then you will not be allowed to start the scheme and will have to defer it, particularly if you need to study while doing your placement. Keep in mind that you will only be allowed to defer if the reason you have deferred your exams is a special one with written proof from the university.

I do not want to scare monger though, so contact the scheme itself should you have any questions, this was simply my experience.
Reply 5
I logged into TSR by chance and saw these replies! Anyway, if you all are getting your results after whatever date you are meant to start the scheme, then you will not be allowed to start the scheme and will have to defer it, particularly if you need to study while doing your placement. Keep in mind that you will only be allowed to defer if the reason you have deferred your exams is a special one with written proof from the university.
I do not want to scare monger though, so contact the scheme itself should you have any questions, this was simply my experience.

Thanks so much for the reply! I’m in a strange situation, where I will have done my final exams by July/August- (and will probably have my marks before September too)but the uni is issuing the official degree classification in the second week of September. ( after the scheme start)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending