The Student Room Group
Looks like getting someone to do it for you is going to be your only option if you want it - so to find someone you trust to help you and that trusts you to pay the bills for it.
Reply 2
Can't you just register it to your parents address, address that you go to when you go home during the holidays, thats what i have done?!
Where are you ordering it from anyway? Which site?

I've ordered loads of stuff from websites delivered to my Halls address before and there have never been any problems before.
Reply 4
As long as you order on credit cards it should be fine. Its just debit cards where you have to have goods sent to the same address as where the card is registered. Then as long as you remember to pay the credit card bill off when it comes in, all is fine.
PieMaster
As long as you order on credit cards it should be fine. Its just debit cards where you have to have goods sent to the same address as where the card is registered. Then as long as you remember to pay the credit card bill off when it comes in, all is fine.

No, you don't. I've always ordered with my debit cards, but specified a different delivery address and had no problems with the likes of people from Amazon, play, etc.
Reply 6
Its down to individual supplier preferance, but i've been unable to order with OcUK, Scan and Aria except on credit.
From recollection CPW wouldn't deliver to my halls so I just got it sent to a mates house instead. Usually most places will allow you to specify a diff delivery address to your billing address as surprise surprise, some of us have lives and can't stay home 24/7 waiting for some delivery.

Try buying with a different retailer.
Reply 8
PieMaster
Its down to individual supplier preferance, but i've been unable to order with OcUK, Scan and Aria except on credit.

What? Ive ordered with my Maestro from OcUK many times. All been delivered to the uni post room no probs *Hugs OcUK for his emergency PSU replacement*.
Cant you put your parents address for the sake of the credit check then specify the halls as the delivery address? e 2 save.com let me do that no problems.
Its not discriminating against students. Some places don't deliver to Halls because of security reason; you aren't getting your mail straight from the postie, it goes through wardens and receptionists before it even gets to you!

Sometimes things need a signature as well, such as gig tickets which don't get delivered to Halls.

Can't you get it delivered to home and then sent to you by your parents?
Reply 11
Try a different online store. I got mine from the Carphone Warehouse, and they sent it to my halls address fine.
Reply 12
Kittennffc
Its not discriminating against students. Some places don't deliver to Halls because of security reason; you aren't getting your mail straight from the postie, it goes through wardens and receptionists before it even gets to you!

Sometimes things need a signature as well, such as gig tickets which don't get delivered to Halls.

Can't you get it delivered to home and then sent to you by your parents?

mine doooooooooo
lots of places wont send phones to uni addresses. like its been said, for security. and you usually can't use a uni address for billing, as most halls and student house addresses are badly rated for credit, due to previous occupants (international students particularly it seems) dissapearing with unpaid bills, overdrafts etc.

only option is to get it sent to the parental house!
Put your parents (or wherever you were living before the halls) as your "address"....then at the end of the order they'll ask for a delivery address which 9 times out of 10 can be different from the address used for the credit check. Of course they can't do a credit check on you at halls...and you'd fail it if you put a friends address too because you've never lived there. Presumably you lived somewhere for a long period of time before you went into halls - that's the address to use.

Latest

Trending

Trending