The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by dizzy09
No it doesn't. :s-smilie: It sounds like a man on woman sex hate crime.

yeah, sure. the victim just 'happened' to be white.....
Reply 201
Original post by pokemontah!
yeah, sure. the victim just 'happened' to be white.....

"Stranger" Rapists are opportunists. The colour of their victim has nothing to do with it. Her sex does.
Original post by Topcat19
Did Harry Potter get a free ticket on that wizard night bus or did he have to pay?

He had to pay :wink: (at least in the books) But I think if he'd paid a few sickles (or was it galleons?) more, then he'd have gotten a hot water bottle. Woo.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by dizzy09
"Stranger" Rapists are opportunists. The colour of their victim has nothing to do with it. Her sex does.

there is clearly a pattern of hatred towards white women -- the asian pedophile gangs -- the massive disproportion of blacks raping white women.

this was a hate crime. all rape is a hate crime. but i suspect this was also a race hate crime.

either way, he should be locked up for life.
Original post by lothiriel
He had to pay :wink: (at least in the books) But I think if he'd paid a few sickles (or was it galleons?) more, then he'd have gotten a complementary hot water bottle. Woo.

If he has to pay extra then it isn't complementary...
Never mind!
Reply 205
there is clearly a pattern of hatred towards white women -- the asian pedophile gangs -- the massive disproportion of blacks raping white women.

this was a hate crime. all rape is a hate crime. but i suspect this was also a race hate crime.

either way, he should be locked up for life.

I'm not sure on the UK stats, but US stats suggest that black rapists are more likely to rape black people than white people. As for the Asian pedophile gangs; I'm assuming you've heard of the Pedophile Information Exchange? It's not just asians who hold groups of pedophiles.

Rape is about power and control. And it's nearly always a sex based attack. For it to be a race based attack, it'd be more likely for the rapist to attack someone he knew, as opposed to someone he happened to cross paths with.
Original post by SpicyStrawberry
Um, not at all. Most people are aware that you're increasing your risk of being attacked if you walk alone at night where it is unlit, it's fairly obvious that it would make it more easy for the attacker to get away with it.

It is never the woman's fault for being attacked, but some women do make poor choices when it comes to deciding a route to get home. This does not mean the woman is to blame just because she's in the wrong place at the wrong time. This woman was not one of those people, she tried her best and was forced to walk home alone.

And equally, the bus driver is not to blame just because the woman ended up in the wrong place at the wrong time.
Original post by dizzy09
I'm not sure on the UK stats, but US stats suggest that black rapists are more likely to rape black people than white people. As for the Asian pedophile gangs; I'm assuming you've heard of the Pedophile Information Exchange? It's not just asians who hold groups of pedophiles.

Rape is about power and control. And it's nearly always a sex based attack. For it to be a race based attack, it'd be more likely for the rapist to attack someone he knew, as opposed to someone he happened to cross paths with.

i'm glad you brought up the US. according to the US justice of statistics 2005:

''In the 111,590 cases in which the victim of rape or sexual assault was white, 44.5 percent of the offenders were white, and 33.6 percent of the offenders were black. In the 36,620 cases in which the victim of rape or sexual assault was black, 100 percent of the offenders were black, and 0.0 percent of the offenders were white. The table explains that 0.0 percent means that there were under 10 incidents nationally.''

there is obviously a pattern of hatred here. not just in britain but all over the western world. decent people need to come together to combat it.
Reply 208
Her having to walk home is her fault for not bringing enough money. Her being raped is the rapist's fault for him being a despicable piece of ****. Don't try and blame the passengers for the rape, it's as stupid as blaming her 'because she was there'.
Original post by kopite493
stupid selfish southern bastards
this would never happen in the north

As a northerner, I don't second this. If I was 20p short, the Stagecoach drivers here in Barnsley wouldn't permit me to get on the bus.

I remember one humilating experience where I had my card taken off me because it was expired (which in fairness I completely understand - it was expired) yet he had the balls to accuse me that I was deliberately trying to deceptive. As I was 20p short at the time, I was asked to get off the bus / back of the queue, where I had to ask a kind old lady to borrow 20p for my fare.

Thankfully she gave me the money, so I'm glad I got home. I thought about putting a complete a complaint in, but once my frustration was calmed down I thought better of it.

Stagecoach bus services, you are an absolute JOKE. Late, grumpy drivers, cramped conditions... Please enlighten me why First Travel can guarentee you to be on time or your fare back - yet Stagecoach can't have the decency to do the same? If I was late to a job, I would be sacked! :mad:
Reply 210
i'm glad you brought up the US. according to the US justice of statistics 2005:

''In the 111,590 cases in which the victim of rape or sexual assault was white, 44.5 percent of the offenders were white, and 33.6 percent of the offenders were black. In the 36,620 cases in which the victim of rape or sexual assault was black, 100 percent of the offenders were black, and 0.0 percent of the offenders were white. The table explains that 0.0 percent means that there were under 10 incidents nationally.''

there is obviously a pattern of hatred here. not just in britain but all over the western world. decent people need to come together to combat it.

Yes, it's a pattern of male hatred against women. If it was only black men raping, I'd be taking your point. But it's not. It's men of all backgrounds raping, and shifting the focus onto a particular group of perpetrators is minimising the crime. We can't just target black men raping, if we want to end rape. We have to target all men who rape.
Reply 211
I was once in Liverpool Lime Street station trying to get the train home to my town in Manchester in the late evening. I had picked up the wrong debit card that morning, so I had my electron which had £9 on it, enough for the fare. However they don't take electron. I had money but was 5p short of the fare. They refused to sell me a ticket, I even had my mum on the phone saying she could give them card details if they could do it that way and they said no. I was wearing a British Red Cross uniform for christs sake.

I ran past the ticket checkpoint as if i was late for a train, sat on the train, and pretended to be asleep.

Not in any way the bus drivers fault, but maybe a bit of discretion was due?
Original post by BethaneyJ
I would agree with this usually however it was 3am, it was an extremely cold night, she was alone, young and vulnerable. In a slightly different situation, would it be the same if she had been 15? Or 9? or 75?

I just think that if I was alone in the middle of the night and just short for the bus, I'd like to think someone would help me out and that I'd do the same for someone else.

Well I'm not against any of the people on the bus helping her out if that's what my post sounded like :smile: Far from it, I just dont think people should be allowed to pay less than the required amount because it's then unfair on everyone else who does pay the amount...
Original post by Theturnbull9
Enlighten me.. As a business, you would rather refuse the £4.80 (for it being 20p short) than take the £4.80 for the seat?

Source: BA International Business Management

Why dont operate a barter ecnonomy. If the bus driver accepts her £4.80 then all the other passengers can demand the same and where do you draw the lines, what if she offered 10p?

It just silly, businesses have fixed prices for a reason. Think.
Thats horrible, that guy is scum and im glad he's been sentenced appropriately.

However, that article is really petty suggesting that some blame lies on the other passengers and bus driver. Surely for £4.80 she could have got pretty close to home?
Original post by minimarshmallow
If he has to pay extra then it isn't complementary...
Never mind!

:cry2: I edited. Sorry. I didn't know. English is still my second language and some words and their meanings occasionally trip me up.
Original post by dizzy09
Yes, it's a pattern of male hatred against women. If it was only black men raping, I'd be taking your point. But it's not. It's men of all backgrounds raping, and shifting the focus onto a particular group of perpetrators is minimising the crime. We can't just target black men raping, if we want to end rape. We have to target all men who rape.

yes, we have to target all men who rape. but there is still a pattern of interracial rape where white women are targeted because they are white.

if white men were raping black or asian women in the numbers asians or blacks are raping white women then i suspect the army would be called in to stop it from happening.
Original post by lothiriel
:cry2: I edited. Sorry. I didn't know. English is still my second language and some words and their meanings occasionally trip me up.

I wasn't being mean to you, I thought that was what the books said. I was laughing at good old JK.
Don't cry.

Edit: Why neg? I haven't read the books in a while, thought JK had made a mistake that I hadn't picked up on and wanted to assure this person I wasn't laughing at their language problem.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by TheHistoryStudent
Well I'm not against any of the people on the bus helping her out if that's what my post sounded like :smile: Far from it, I just dont think people should be allowed to pay less than the required amount because it's then unfair on everyone else who does pay the amount...

Ah! Sorry! Yeah I agree with that. There should be (or if there is they should be more known) ways to get on if you're short a bit but it would be hard to chase up on I guess. It's just an awful situation that could have been avoided, but hindsight is a wonderful thing. Had she made it home safe it wouldn't have been a thing at all. Very sad.
Original post by Chad_Bronson
As a northerner, I don't second this. If I was 20p short, the Stagecoach drivers here in Barnsley wouldn't permit me to get on the bus.

I remember one humilating experience where I had my card taken off me because it was expired (which in fairness I completely understand - it was expired) yet he had the balls to accuse me that I was deliberately trying to deceptive. As I was 20p short at the time, I was asked to get off the bus / back of the queue, where I had to ask a kind old lady to borrow 20p for my fare.

Thankfully she gave me the money, so I'm glad I got home. I thought about putting a complete a complaint in, but once my frustration was calmed down I thought better of it.

Stagecoach bus services, you are an absolute JOKE. Late, grumpy drivers, cramped conditions... Please enlighten me why First Travel can guarentee you to be on time or your fare back - yet Stagecoach can't have the decency to do the same? If I was late to a job, I would be sacked! :mad:

that is what i was referring to

Latest

Trending

Trending