The Student Room Group

Dad stopping me from working

Hey all so iv got a job interview at Sainsbury's today for an online assistant job but my dad saying that he won't take me and pick me up but then I won't be able to do it. It only takes 15 mins in a car but an hr door to door if I get a bus or train. Also the hours are 4 till 8 in the morning so I wouldn't be able to get there at that time on my own anyway. So should I not bother going to the interview then?? My dad keeps having a go at me to get a job and give him money but when I get a chance of getting one he won't take me to it happened a few times now.
Original post by cherlloydfan1
Hey all so iv got a job interview at Sainsbury's today for an online assistant job but my dad saying that he won't take me and pick me up but then I won't be able to do it. It only takes 15 mins in a car but an hr door to door if I get a bus or train. Also the hours are 4 till 8 in the morning so I wouldn't be able to get there at that time on my own anyway. So should I not bother going to the interview then?? My dad keeps having a go at me to get a job and give him money but when I get a chance of getting one he won't take me to it happened a few times now.

Have a conversation with your Dad about when he can drive you to work before you apply for jobs. To be fair on him, why would he want to get up at 3 am to drive you to work - that would ruin his day.

You should contact Sainsbury's and tell them if you want to cancel the interview.
how would it ruin his day? he's retired so not doing anything anyway. He saying that he never gonna take me or pick me up from a job so how does he expect me to work then? Can't do a work from home job either cos my laptop isn't suitable but won't buy me a new one for a job either.
how would it ruin his day? he's retired so not doing anything anyway. He saying that he never gonna take me or pick me up from a job so how does he expect me to work then? Can't do a work from home job either cos my laptop isn't suitable but won't buy me a new one for a job either.

"You're retired so you can get up at 3am to drive me to work" is a fairly extraordinary position.

Are there any jobs that are nearer that you could apply for? If there any job that are a reasonable commute on the bus (in the daytime) then apply for them..or even ones that are less than half an hour walking distance. It's nice to be able to get a lift off a family member if possible, but don't rely on them.
I'd also have a sit down with your dad and ask if there is any reason why he will not take you to jobs. Obviously with the sainsburys one where you have to be there for 4am- it's a bit unreasonable of you to get him to take you at that time. But in the day, he could give you a lift occasionally.
Iv tried everywhere near me but either don t hear back or just get rejected. So that's why iv been applying in other areas now but it just takes too long to get there myself unless dad tales me but he said that he won't cos it not his responsibility and said don t apply for it if can't get there myself. So how does he expect me to get a job then??
Reply 6
One of the perks of being retired is not having to be somewhere at 8 in the morning.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending