The Student Room Group

Most embarrassing bus moment?

This thread is for sharing those moments when you've missed the bus in an embarrassing way.

What happened? Who was there? And how embarrassing was it?

Worst one I can think of was the story my friend told me. Basically he saw the bus up ahead and started to run for it, but as he was running his iPhone fell out of his pocket, smashed the pavement and bounced 2 or 3 times before laying in a heap. When he went back to get it he picked it up and saw a large crack on the screen. And obviously the bus drove away. Damn he got it that day. :frown:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
running for the bus, catching it, getting on, then tripping over someones pram/suitcase/large object
Reply 2
Original post by Ice Constricter
This thread is for sharing those moments when you've missed the bus in an embarrassing way.

Worst one I can think of was the story my friend told me. Basically he saw the bus up ahead and started to run for it, but as he was running his iPhone fell out of his pocket, smashed the pavement and bounced 2 or 3 times before laying in a heap. When he went back to get it he picked it up and saw a large crack on the screen. And obviously the bus drove away. Damn he got it that day. :frown:

There was a lady smiling and watching my face for 30 whole minutes.
I am used to be flirted but not by someone 1-2 meters away staring at me for 30 minutes in succession so I eventually felt awkwardly.
However when the bus arrived to its final destination I found out that she was blind :rolleyes:
Still thinking about what had happened I missed the next bus.:curious:
(edited 12 years ago)
Reply 3
Not really that embarrasing, but I once missed the bus because I had headphones in and I was texting- the exact moment I looked up to see if the bus had arrived, it shuts it doors and everyone else had already got on it. I decided to save my dignity and pretend I didn't want that bus anyway....even though that's the only bus at that stop...:facepalm:
Reply 4
Original post by Spairos
I am used to be flirted but not by someone 1-2 meters away staring at me for 30 minutes in succession so I eventually felt awkwardly.
However when the bus arrived to its final destination I found out that she was blind :rolleyes:

Please make your signature smaller.
First one to walk up the stairs so everyone was behind me right.
I did a nasty buckle and didn't look up again :sad:
Somebody loudly voiding their bowels at 3:30 in the morning and acting like nothing happened.
A bus door shut on me as I tried to get on once. Bad day.
Reply 8
See the bus up ahead, run for it like a crazy lunatic, miss it, have like 50 people at the bus stop stare at you.
Reply 9
Original post by Ice Constricter

Out with some friends, waiting for him to get the last bus home (I lived in the town)

One of the other bus drivers arrives, tells us the bus will be 20 minutes late. Decide this is enough time to go to the shops quickly and get a drink. As we walk back up the hill, the bus drives past, he'd missed it. Hilarious for us, not so much for him. We waited with him until he could get picked up, and got talked at by a strange old lady. Good times :cool:
I was getting off for my stop, and i fell down the stairs from the top deck, as the bus was going over a speed bump, before stopping for a red light.

Could've only happened to me! :colone:
Original post by Spairos

You must have felt really silly lol :mmm:

Reminds me of that episode of Mr Bean where he was trying to get changed on the beach with a guy not far by. He discreetly tried to get changed everytime the guy looked away and at the end of the episode he discovered that the guy was blind!
I didn't miss the bus. But my head got stuck in the bus door :/
Reply 13
Looking for the oystercard reader on a bus outside london, then reliasing u dont have cash for the fair!
Most embarrasing bus moment - trying to run off the bus to be sick and not quite making it. :frown: Right outside the drivers door too and in full view of CCTV. One of my friends delights in telling me that it would probably be recorded in stop-motion. At least the driver was understanding about the whole thing. :smile:
I'm terrible at speaking in general - my words get mumbled up and people can hardly understand me. Sometimes I can be relatively clear, sometimes I can't be understood at all. The latter happened once on the bus. I tried to ask for my ticket and there was a 5 second silence, then the bus driver said "What?". Had to get a friend to get my ticket for me. X_X Doesn't help that about 20 people were behind me waiting.
Ran for it, dropped my iPod and smashed it up and then once I got there I realised it had broken down and there was no one on it. This all happened on a busy main road too. :facepalm2:
Reply 17
Original post by NightBear
See the bus up ahead, run for it like a crazy lunatic, miss it, have like 50 people at the bus stop stare at you.

This! :colondollar:
I'm on crutches so I was walking for the bus and I even put my hand out early but as soon as I get to the door ... the driver shut it and drove off

:sigh:
Reply 19
Over 20 minutes and nobody's said "Bus ****ers" on a thread about buses, that must be a record.

Quick Reply

Latest