The Student Room Group

What motivates you to start studying?

Scroll to see replies

Fear.
"Success is the best revenge."
Original post by IndieTams
"Success is the best revenge."

Especially when it's served cold on a dish.

Sorry, couldn't help myself.
To say 'Glory be to God' when praised for my results.
Reply 84
Never getting a job I'm happy with and isn't at a supermarket for the rest of my life..

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
A genuine interest in the subjects I study.
Reply 86
I quite like the feeling of knowing the material before we cover it in class, or before my friends know it. And I like just knowing lots about a particular subject/module and being able to explain it to others. :smile:
Reply 87
well, I hardly have any motivation. But, when I listen to Rocky "eye of the tiger" it gets me along the way lool :biggrin:
Original post by Magenta96
The awesome feeling of attaining a grade that virtually everyone thought you couldn't.

Exactly this! I naturally give off the impression that I'm not clever, so when I'm demotivated I always remember the faces of those when I tell them my grades :P
Reply 89
My Year 10 work experience at the Job Centre :s-smilie:
Reply 90
i go to the MAC, Topshop, ASOS and NARS websites. I tell myself that if i want all those ridiculously overpriced things then I have to get a good job!!
Life of Charlie Sheen.
Realising that I probably won't know anything in the exam if I didn't revise:tongue:....also, I think it'll be nice to get your results and say 'I worked hard for that'....unless I get a really bad grade..:redface:
Reply 93
coffee and more coffee
Reply 94
Original post by KrishanC93
Just out of interest... why do you even have that!:colondollar:

lol,
I was just kidding :smile::smile:
I was bored whilst revising so I thought I would post that :smile:
Reply 95
I find very little motivates me to study in the first place, but once i've managed to start I can keep going for hours. It's not so bad once i've started has now become my motivation I guess.
Getting into a top uni!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Knowing that I will be doing myself proud, along with my parents.
Also, that fear of failure,
Yet knowing if I revise then I will have such a satisfying feeling when opening the results envelop.
For me; GCSE's are next year, so I think to myself "Just a few months of revision and hard core studying will change my life, once exams are over I'll have the entire summer free"
Reply 98
The thought of a Nissan GTR on my driveway :smile:
A desire to succeed. I know (ish) what I need to do to give myself the best chance to succeed so I do it.

Oh, and loving my subjects so that I want to pursue further knowledge of them - but we all know this isn't always enough (especially because at some point or another we all have to study things we don't like).
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending