The Student Room Group

Is underbutt the new cleavage?

Scroll to see replies

I hope not. It's hard enough getting denim shorts bigger than knickers as it is. I took my little sister shopping for summer stuff and I had to make a rule that if you hold them up and the crotch is longer than the legs, she couldn't have them. An INSANE amount of shorts were therefore off the table. The mind boggles o.0
Original post by Astronomical
Oh come now, we're obviously discussing Western countries in which women have free choice of what they wear. Many women in Saudi and other Eastern countries don't have that luxury due to religious beliefs and so on. It is hardly refuting my statement.

It is because classy is socially constructed and there are other societies that have different conceptions of it. The reason why we shame women as unclassy is partly influenced by the west's religious history so you can't just separate religion from culture because it influences it.

Your trying to restrict the social conception to only one society and excluding others. That's like me saying beauty is the same for every culture, just exclude all non-western cultures.
Original post by Annoying-Mouse
It is because classy is socially constructed and there are other societies that have different conceptions of it. The reason why we shame women as unclassy is partly influenced by the west's religious history so you can't just separate religion from culture because it influences it.

Your trying to restrict the social conception to only one society and excluding others. That's like me saying beauty is the same for every culture, just exclude all non-western cultures.

In cultures where people don't have completely free choice, and where arranged marriages and son on occur then there are different motives for the way people dress and so I don't think it's a fair comparison.
Reply 183
they're actually called knicker shorts too. With the addition of bralets I think underwear is in fashion! Looks awful imo, don't know how people walk around this their bum cheeks hanging out and not feel awkward. If they're a loose fit or high waisted they are less bad. Still, I'd rather wear them than a short top with thin leggings you can see underwear through lol :biggrin:

:dontknow:- http://www.asos.com/Glamorous/Glamorous-Leopard-Print-Knicker-Shorts/Prod/pgeproduct.aspx?iid=2363117&SearchQuery=knicker%20shorts&sh=0&pge=0&pgesize=20&sort=-1&clr=Leopard
Another example of how style has been a casualty of the economic downturn. They look even worse when worn with tights.
Reply 185
Original post by navarre
Never has so much truth been spoken. I don't get why men get so worked up over bums. Boobs are so much better. A good pair of breasts is the best part of female, damn, even human anatomy.

I blame it on rap music videos and MTV. Kids these days wouldn't know a sweet pair o' titties if they smacked them in the face . . .
Miley Cyrus :facepalm:

This was posted from The Student Room's Android App on my HTC Desire
Reply 187
Short skirts are better than hot pants. Discuss.
Original post by py0alb
Short skirts are better than hot pants. Discuss.

Agreed
I don't know why these are even called shorts at all:

image1xl.jpg
Original post by EffieFlowers
I would never wear shorts like that, ****ing tasteless.

this
Reply 191
Original post by py0alb
Most men are quietly misogynistic until they get laid a few times and realise that women are, in fact, completely awesome and have personalities and stuff and actually like sex too!

I have a feeling this might explain astronomical's rather patronising 1930's viewpoint.

I've never had sex and I'm not misogynistic. I realise you said most men but I'm not sure if that's even true.

I also don't think that having sex is an experience which will, on average, make men less misogynistic. Perhaps they will respect a girl less after seeing her behaving like an "animal". Perhaps they will be more openly misogynistic now that nobody can reply that they're a "bitter virgin". The experience of sex could have lots of effects.

And although I'm not misogynistic, I don't agree that "women are awesome", just as I don't think that "men are awesome". Some women are awesome, and some men are awesome. Lots of men and women are unattractive, unintelligent and unpleasant.
(edited 11 years ago)
99.9% of the time it looks cheap. The problem is, by getting your ass out you have to get your legs out as well. That's one erogenous zone too many. Moreover, lots of girls will still wear a tight or low cut top, you might as well wear a leotard, it's just too much. People just don't seem to balance their outfits very well nowadays.

And cleavage can be so much classier than underbutt anyway.
Reply 193
i'm so pleased i created a 10 page topic on underbutts. :smile:
Reply 194
I think there are shorts but there is a limit to how short your shorts are.
I think the cleavage should stick to breast, showing bum just doesn't look attractive
For fear of sounding older than my age, I think they should just put it away and wear some longer shorts, or leggings or tights.
Reply 196
The responses have been very predictable so far. The majority of girls simply denigrate wearers as "slutty" or "unattractive" (how would they know this?), and the majority of men describe it as "liberated" and "smoking hot".
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Ayshizzle
I don't know why these are even called shorts at all:

image1xl.jpg

I call that the bottom half of a swimsuit :biggrin:
It looks so bad. Few woman have the kind of arse worthy of that little clothing yet everyone seems to be wearing them. Cellulite and saggy buns all over the place, there is nothing attractive about it.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 199
Original post by Chumbaniya
we have sex with people using parts of our bodies that piss comes out of.

I bet you're a right blast a parties :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest