The Student Room Group

UK Border Force

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Fac51
Yes you get access to a letter which shows their decision.

Thanks Fac51, I’ll contact them over the coming week and chase it up.
Original post by K42

At debriefing I told the assessor that I had made this decision as the procedure of checking tickets was new and so it is credible that some people may not have them as they would not be used to showing them. I admitted that he could likely be trying to avoid the fare however I had to consider that if I got the police involved and that he did have a ticket which had been taken by his friends then it would have adversely affected the company image and I did not want to deter a potentially loyal customer from using the service. I considered that the potential loss of one faire was outweighed by the fact that if I acted reasonably on one occasion and one occasion only this is a small price to pay for customer satisfaction. I also said being in a role play makes it harder. If my colleague had forced someone to pay a fine then I would likely have involved the police and done the same as consistency would be important as it would not be acceptable to discriminate against any single individual. Therefore my decision in real life would have been made in co-operation with my colleague.

I can safely say we're hiring the right people into the Border Force. To be fair I reckon you'd be pretty well suited to being a copper actually.
Hi All, My vetting so far has taken 10 weeks so far and not heard back at time of writing. Just wondering now they have just sent me an email saying welcome to Immigration Enforcement and also asking me to attend a medical screening mid December for the AIO job. Does anyone know if that means that I have already passed vetting and just not been notified online yet?

Thanks for any help
Original post by hypno1970
Hi All, My vetting so far has taken 10 weeks so far and not heard back at time of writing. Just wondering now they have just sent me an email saying welcome to Immigration Enforcement and also asking me to attend a medical screening mid December for the AIO job. Does anyone know if that means that I have already passed vetting and just not been notified online yet?

Thanks for any help

Hi hypno1970, I recently passed Vetting took 6 weeks and 2 days for Border Force Officer . They sent me a confirmation email with attachments telling me when my clearance expires. Might be worth contacting your sponsor for confirmation.
Thanks for the reply Nelly11. I previously held SC clearance (still valid until 2019) the forms asked me so much detail, however the forms I filled in on the civil service jobs portal were very basic, it seems like forever when your waiting..Thanks again
Reply 6465
Hello,

I just been given a provisional offer for a BFO job at Gatwick. Just got to fill in the pre-joining info and vetting/referencing stuff. I have one question for those who currently work there:

1. What is your shift pattern like? Could you give me an indication of your monthly shifts just so I can get an idea. Do they give you days off in blocks such as every other weekend?

Thanks in advance :smile:
(edited 6 years ago)
Reply 6466
Deleted
(edited 6 years ago)
Hello all, has anyone been invited to interview for the belfast mobile team
Original post by Mcclorp
Hello all, has anyone been invited to interview for the belfast mobile team

Yes, I'm up on Monday 18th.
Original post by MurphysLaw2471
Yes, I'm up on Monday 18th.

Do you know if it's just interview or an scenario exercise also, you already with border force
Original post by Mcclorp
Do you know if it's just interview or an scenario exercise also, you already with border force

Scenario also I believe. I'm currently HMRC.
Original post by Janice111
Scenario also I believe. I'm currently HMRC.

Really, I have never did any of them
Original post by Mcclorp
Really, I have never did any of them

This is the internal trawl
Original post by Mcclorp
This is the internal trawl

Only internal applicants have been given interview dates so far. Where are you in the process and which department?
Only internal applicants have been given interview dates so far. Where are you in the process and which department?

Yeah my interview is 20/12 I'm with HO
Original post by Mcclorp
Yeah my interview is 20/12 I'm with HO

What job/grade are you with them at the moment?
AO
Original post by Mcclorp
AO

With Border Force though? Where are you based at the moment and in what role? I'm O with HMRC, looking a sideways move.
With Border Force though? Where are you based at the moment and in what role? I'm O with HMRC, looking a sideways move.

Hmpo
Hi All, I have my health screening soon, could anyone tell me what it entails? Is it just weight and height, urine test etc or is there a fitness test? I appreciate any advice that can be given.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending