The Student Room Group

Border force officer Manchester Jan 2023

I’ve started this thread for BFO recruitment 2023 (Manchester only please)

Test done and app submitted
(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Anyone heard anything yet?
Original post by SarahDV
Anyone heard anything yet?

No nothing
I’ve had an email to say I’ve passed the sift for interview x
Me too 👍🏻
Reply 5
Hey! Has anyone done the interview yet?
Reply 6
Original post by Runner1708
I’ve had an email to say I’ve passed the sift for interview x

Congratulations - what kind of questions are expected in the sift interview? & how many questions are there???
Original post by CheemzK
Congratulations - what kind of questions are expected in the sift interview? & how many questions are there???

Thank you.

Think there are 15 all together. Strength based questions so can’t really revise. You have 2 mins to answer and have to think on your feet. I’m doing mine tomorrow afternoon
Well that was awful. Will take a miracle for me to have passed that 🙈😂
Reply 9

Oh no, was it that difficult? - apparently the questions are really random? :frown:

Hi, im doing mine tomorrow or Monday. Im sure you did better than you think. Fingers crossed for you. How many questions was there? What sort of things did they ask?
Original post by leah.ash
Hi, im doing mine tomorrow or Monday. Im sure you did better than you think. Fingers crossed for you. How many questions was there? What sort of things did they ask?

I really hope so! 16 all together but one of them
Is showing your driving licence. Really random. You don’t have much time to think. They are like how would you relay complex info to a team member who was new. I can’t remember much to be honest, it’s all a blur! My head hurts now lol x
Original post by CheemzK
Oh no, was it that difficult? - apparently the questions are really random? :frown:

Yeah they are. You really have to think on your feet. I felt like I repeated myself a lot and a lost my train of thought on one 🙈 just awful 😂
I really hope so! 16 all together but one of them
Is showing your driving licence. Really random. You don’t have much time to think. They are like how would you relay complex info to a team member who was new. I can’t remember much to be honest, it’s all a blur! My head hurts now lol x

Ahh thats brutal! I would much rather a competencies based interview :frown: at least you can prepare for that one. How long did it last altogether? x
Ahh thats brutal! I would much rather a competencies based interview :frown: at least you can prepare for that one. How long did it last altogether? x

I know. Around 30/35 mins. I cut some of my answers short as really ran out of things to say without waffling. Would rather have a face to face interview where you can get probed!
So I completed my interview today but I think I’ve uploaded the wrong document. Does anyone know how I contact them? I’ve emailed the email address but worried I won’t hear back from them
So I completed my interview today but I think I’ve uploaded the wrong document. Does anyone know how I contact them? I’ve emailed the email address but worried I won’t hear back from them

Heyyy Leah, how was the interview?

On the bottom of the email they should have an email address or a contact number; opening hours are Mon-Fri 09:00 - 18:00.
Original post by CheemzK
Heyyy Leah, how was the interview?

On the bottom of the email they should have an email address or a contact number; opening hours are Mon-Fri 09:00 - 18:00.

The interview itself wasn’t too bad to be honest. I did feel like I waffled a little bit but fingers crossed it went okay.
Ahh thank you I’ve emailed the email address but worried they won’t reply in time. I can’t find a contact number anywhere 😔
The interview itself wasn’t too bad to be honest. I did feel like I waffled a little bit but fingers crossed it went okay.
Ahh thank you I’ve emailed the email address but worried they won’t reply in time. I can’t find a contact number anywhere 😔

Leah - good to hear you had a positive interview. :smile: - normally they are good, if an incorrect document has been submitted then they will liaise with you. - i wouldn't stress about it - just enjoy the interview is over and done with. :biggrin:

Is it true that there won't be a panel interviewing you?
Original post by CheemzK
Leah - good to hear you had a positive interview. :smile: - normally they are good, if an incorrect document has been submitted then they will liaise with you. - i wouldn't stress about it - just enjoy the interview is over and done with. :biggrin:

Is it true that there won't be a panel interviewing you?

Thank you for the reassurance!

Yeah that’s true it’s all pre recoded which wasn’t as bad as I was expecting to be honest. When are you doing yours?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending