The Student Room Group

Border Force Reserve Lists (2022/2023- Home Office)

I am creating this thread as I have been placed on the reserves waiting list for Border Force Officer at Heathrow.

Anyone who has been placed on the reserves waiting list, did you hear back? If so, how long did it take for you to hear back with a provisional offer?
Reply 1
I have just joined the waiting list for the North area as both a Border Force Office and BF Apprentice after interviewing in Feb 2023.

My colleague and I both received our current EO positions in a different branch of the Civil Service from a reserve list. He was on 5 different reserve lists with in two different branches.
(edited 11 months ago)
Reply 2
Hi, I have also been put on a reserve list for Heathrow.
Disappointing, but do you think we can get an offer still?
Not knowing when is killing me
Reply 3
Original post by Compyjo
I have just joined the waiting list for the North area as both a Border Force Office and BF Apprentice after interviewing in Feb 2023.

My colleague and I both received our current EO positions in a different branch of the Civil Service from a reserve list. He was on 5 different reserve lists with in two different branches.

I was also put on the reserve list for North yesterday after interviewing in Feb. Just wondering what you scored in the feedback so I have an idea of how I did/ if I have any chance of getting this job? :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by ladybird97
I was also put on the reserve list for North yesterday after interviewing in Feb. Just wondering what you scored in the feedback so I have an idea of how I did/ if I have any chance of getting this job? :smile:

I only applied for one location within the North.

I scored 19 out of 28 for full Border Force role and 16 out of 16 for the Apprenticeship role - both marked as 'acceptable demonstration' .

I wonder if there is a typo in my apprentice feedback.

I don't know if they take into account the verbal test results to determine merit order (didn't score very well there).

Absolutely no one on a reserve list can ever predict if they will be made an offer because they will not know if there will be any vacancies that will arise in the next 6 months or how many on the list they are competing with.
Reply 5
Original post by Compyjo
I only applied for one location within the North.

I scored 19 out of 28 for full Border Force role and 16 out of 16 for the Apprenticeship role - both marked as 'acceptable demonstration' .

I wonder if there is a typo in my apprentice feedback.

I don't know if they take into account the verbal test results to determine merit order (didn't score very well there).

Absolutely no one on a reserve list can ever predict if they will be made an offer because they will not know if there will be any vacancies that will arise in the next 6 months or how many on the list they are competing with.

Sounds like a typo! I scored 16/28 but did well on the Verbal test so hopefully they take that into consideration! Fingers crossed, just a waiting game now I suppose, although it sounds like they've put everyone on the reserve list, I haven't came across anyone who has been offered the job yet
Reply 6
I’m on the reserve list for North region, namely Belfast and I scored 22 in my interview, fingers crossed lol.
Reply 7
Im on reserve list too for central region. I scored 21.
Reply 8
I,ve just been put on the list after the online interview in February scored 19. Does anybody know if anybody has ever got a job after being out on the list, plus at the end of the six months so we re apply or is there an option to be put on the list for another six months.
Reply 9
Original post by Howie1972
I,ve just been put on the list after the online interview in February scored 19. Does anybody know if anybody has ever got a job after being out on the list, plus at the end of the six months so we re apply or is there an option to be put on the list for another six months.

Which area?
Reply 10
Original post by Compyjo

What was your score for the BF apprenticeship and which area please. If you don’t mind sharing. I’m on the reserve list too
Reply 11
Original post by Degraft 11
What was your score for the BF apprenticeship and which area please. If you don’t mind sharing. I’m on the reserve list too

Glasgow.

Scored 16 in the Apprentice role with feedback of Adequate demonstration so that seems a bit contradictory and makes me wonder if there is a typo.

Since applying I was promoted to EO in another branch so would have to take a pay cut if I am ever offered the BF Apprentice role so not sure it is worth it.
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 12
Anyone on reserve list for Heathrow been contacted at all?
Reply 13
Original post by Runner1708
Which area?

North but Holyhead
Reply 14
Original post by Deepti27
I am creating this thread as I have been placed on the reserves waiting list for Border Force Officer at Heathrow.

Anyone who has been placed on the reserves waiting list, did you hear back? If so, how long did it take for you to hear back with a provisional offer?

Ive been on two reserve lists for full border force officer North Region specifically Belfast on two different campaigns last reserve list ran out in December 22 only for them to advertise 4weeks later Jan 23 both times i was offered various other places other than Belfast 🤨
Reply 15

I heard, they sent email asking for expression of interest for another position, case worker, immigration something.
Reply 16
Original post by hana-yes
I heard, they sent email asking for expression of interest for another position, case worker, immigration something.

Yes I got that... didn't do it ... its the same job but alot more pure case work and offsight from the terminals. It wasn't even a provisional offer. .. just interest ... but doing that takes you off the wait list for original role . It said I'm on 6 months wait list I emailed them and they said no for you you are 12 months.. if it was 6 months I would have taken it ill wait it out i got till may
Original post by Sorem
Im on reserve list too for central region. I scored 21.

Did they come back to you with offer?thank you
Reply 18
Original post by hana-yes

Did you take this?
Did you take this?

I cannot speak for this person on the reserve list but shortly before my reserve date expired, I was asked if I wanted to submit an expression of interest for a different role.

It was 300 miles from my current home, processing small boat arrivals in an overcrowded asylum centre, characterised as violent, squalid, unsafe, and subject to outbreaks of infectious diseases.

I have to say it was a firm no from me but it was actually more about not wanting to move to an entirely different part of the country and the arse end of a county rather than the day to day job or conditions.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending