The Student Room Group

NCA/ Civil Service failed pre-employment checks

I recently had a provisional offer withdrawn after I failed the pre-employment checks.

Going into the role, I already held UK Security Clearance and an enhanced DBS.

The NCA hold their own checks on top of this.

They said I was welcome to re apply in 12 months but they won't say what failed me and I am genuinely stumped for ideas.

Here's my question:

Has anyone failed pre-employment checks and been successful when they applied a second time..?

I spent a lot of time and money (days off work, train fares for interviews/medicals etc) and am unsure whether to apply again if the reality is I'll only fail due to a red flag in my past. Not knowing what failed me I can't correct it.

Thanks.
Original post by FutureCandidate
I recently had a provisional offer withdrawn after I failed the pre-employment checks.

They said I was welcome to re apply in 12 months but they won't say what failed me and I am genuinely stumped for ideas.

Here's my question:

Has anyone failed pre-employment checks and been successful when they applied a second time..?

I spent a lot of time and money (days off work, train fares for interviews/medicals etc) and am unsure whether to apply again if the reality is I'll only fail due to a red flag in my past. Not knowing what failed me I can't correct it.

Thanks.

Sorry to hear that, can't really help with your question but do you mind if I ask how long did it take from when you've filled pre employment form to being told you didn't pass ? Can't believe they won't tell you what made you fail it. Hope it all work out for you
Off the top of my head I was contacted via email about a month after submitting the forms to say that I had passed the first stage of their vetting, then about three weeks after that I had a further email withdrawing their offer as I 'hadn't met their standards'.
Off the top of my head I was contacted via email about a month after submitting the forms to say that I had passed the first stage of their vetting, then about three weeks after that I had a further email withdrawing their offer as I 'hadn't met their standards'.

Wow that is so not cool. It's such a long process from filling out applications form and all interviews, them being offered a position just for it to be withdrawn without telling you why. We put our lives on hold waiting for the job. It's really not fair. I'm waiting on pre employment checks for Border force UK. I kind of losing hope by now. Best of lucky for you, something even better will come up to you x
Original post by yamagreen
Wow that is so not cool. It's such a long process from filling out applications form and all interviews, them being offered a position just for it to be withdrawn without telling you why. We put our lives on hold waiting for the job. It's really not fair. I'm waiting on pre employment checks for Border force UK. I kind of losing hope by now. Best of lucky for you, something even better will come up to you x

Thank you. I'm just waiting for a start date for Border Force as well.

The vetting for that came back satisfactory.

To be fair, in the de brief from the NCA they openly state that just because you failed their vetting you may be fine working in other government departments.

I've previously had formal offers from the police and prison service also so I'd like to know what the NCA take a disliking to that various other law enforcement are fine with. Unfortunately that will go down as an unsolved mystery.
Reply 5

Here's my question:

Thanks.

Same thing happened to me with the police vetting, 3rd party flagged something up, no clue who or what and they won't tell me either, it's sickening

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending