The Student Room Group
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London

Kings College London Medicine Applicants 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I read somewhere that for the 2012 cycle kings interviewed people with an average of 685 on their UKCAT. However if you have all A*'s then that will offset a UKCAT score that isnt particularly high. A friend of mine has been accepted and got 11A*'s and 650 in UKCAT. But I have friends with 9A*'s 2A's and 670 UKCAT who didnt get an interview.
Waterfront bar, King's College
King's College London
London
Reply 21
Reply 22
hey guys i want everyones honest opinion. Im thinking of applying to kcl with ukcat:682 GCSE's: 13 A* and recent As level results were: 5 A's. I will also have all A* predictions for A2.
What do people think? Is this good enough for kings with a slightly lower ukcat score than most people who apply?
Reply 23
Yes if you have all A*'s at GCSE you will be fine. My friend got an offer from kcl this year with 650 ukcat and 11A* GCSE
Reply 24
I'm going to King's to study Medicine this September and I got an average of 690 in my UKCAT and an interview quite early on in the interview cycle. Your UKCAT can afford to be a little bit lower if your grades make up for it, I think.
Original post by x_ANT
I'm going to King's to study Medicine this September and I got an average of 690 in my UKCAT and an interview quite early on in the interview cycle. Your UKCAT can afford to be a little bit lower if your grades make up for it, I think.

I have good grades, do u think 670 would get an interview? thanks :smile:
Reply 26
Well I can't say for certain, but if you have a good personal statement as well, it's possible :smile:
I love Kings and I would love to go their but my GCSE's aren't amazing and I did my UKCAT today and got 650 average :/ Don't know if its still worth applying
Reply 28
Original post by greedyangel
I love Kings and I would love to go their but my GCSE's aren't amazing and I did my UKCAT today and got 650 average :/ Don't know if its still worth applying

This might be helpful: http://www.kcl.ac.uk/medicine/study/ug/mbbs/ApplicationGuide2013.pdf
Reply 29
:eek: Everyone has such high grades/UKCAT scores!
I only have 7A*s and 3As at GCSEs and my AS flopped really bad, I only got AABB :frown: (but i should have As and A*s predicted for A2- hopefully) Im doing the UKCAT in sept but just looking at my grades so far, should i even bother applying at all?
Reply 30
Your GCSE grades should be fine. Endless amounts of A*s aren't necessary. If you can pull your A Level grades up, you should be in with a chance!
Hello,

I am so so new to TSR and have just completed my UKCAT today.

My results are:

VR: 520
DA: 680
AR: 700
QR: 740

Would I be considered for Medicine at, let's say, King's/UCL

If not, what uni's would I have a good chance of being considered?

GCSE's : 3A*'s, 2A's and 4 B's

AS: AAAD (BIO/CHEM/MATH/ENGLISH and I'm dropping the English)

A-LEVEL PREDICTED: A*AA
Reply 32
I think most require an AS Level at Grade B or above so it might be worth taking another AS this year? You'll have to go and look at the uni requirements but I think that's the case with most. Your UKCAT is good enough though.
Reply 33
Hey guys,

I just want to know that if i have a change for king's college medicine program. I got 1-A, 1-B, 1-C, 2-D and 1-E for GCSEs, this was due to change of school. However, I got 40(BioHL-6, ChemHL-6, B&MHL-6, EngSL-5,MathSL-7,SpanishAbintioSL-7 + 3 bonus points) for my final IB exam and got 780+ for UKCAT. It would be really useful for me if you guys could tell me if i have a chance of getting an interview.

Thanks, have a nice day
Reply 34
AS-levels: AAAB
GCSE:5A* 3.5A 1C
UKCAT:670

planning to apply to King's as my sort of risky choice, wat dyu think my chances of getting interviewed are like??
Reply 35
GCSE: 10 A* 1A(maths) 1B(drama)
AS: BBBB (Biology, chemistry, physics and history) (continuing all to A2)
A level predictions: AAAB
UKCAT: 642.5

Do I even stand a chance?
Original post by tushar009
I read somewhere that for the 2012 cycle kings interviewed people with an average of 685 on their UKCAT. However if you have all A*'s then that will offset a UKCAT score that isnt particularly high. A friend of mine has been accepted and got 11A*'s and 650 in UKCAT. But I have friends with 9A*'s 2A's and 670 UKCAT who didnt get an interview.

Kings had a 10A* at GCSE almost guaranteed an interview kinda thing. All my friends with 10A* plus got interviews in october and universities dont even get ukcat results till early november, he got an offer like 2 days later (again before ukcat results get to unis). We were told this would happen by a 5th year student.
Original post by x_ANT

Hi, can I just ask what your GCSEs were please?
Reply 38
Hey guys ! i'm an int'l applicant on a gap year and i would like to know if you guys think i could possibly get an interview with a 650 UKCAT, but really high grades in A levels and O levels.
Reply 39
Your UKCAT/GCSEs should be fine for interview, but obviously, don't take my word for it completely.

Quick Reply

Latest