The Student Room Group

Medicine 2nd Degree

Hello,

I completed an undergraduate degree in International Relations and History at King's College London and received full tuition fee loans to cover the tuition costs, I didn't take out any maintenance loans.

I then undertook a master's degree in International public policy at UCL and received around £10,000 loan towards this, again, I didn't take out any maintenance loan.

I have been thinking of pursuing graduate entry medicine for a long time but I cannot cover the tuition fees or living costs. I am aware that for graduate entry medicine the NHS bursary covers £5,000 for years 2,3, and 4, and you have to provide £3,400 for the first year. Is it possible for me to receive further student loans to cover graduate entry medicine and am I also able to receive maintenance loans, and if so how much per year?

I appreciate any help or guidance !
Original post by moand26
Hello,

I completed an undergraduate degree in International Relations and History at King's College London and received full tuition fee loans to cover the tuition costs, I didn't take out any maintenance loans.

I then undertook a master's degree in International public policy at UCL and received around £10,000 loan towards this, again, I didn't take out any maintenance loan.

I have been thinking of pursuing graduate entry medicine for a long time but I cannot cover the tuition fees or living costs. I am aware that for graduate entry medicine the NHS bursary covers £5,000 for years 2,3, and 4, and you have to provide £3,400 for the first year. Is it possible for me to receive further student loans to cover graduate entry medicine and am I also able to receive maintenance loans, and if so how much per year?

I appreciate any help or guidance !

Hi there,

What is the name of the course you are looking to study and what is the university you're looking to study at?

Can you also confirm when you are looking to do this and will it be full time?

Thanks, Jason
Reply 2
Thankyou for getting back to me. I would be looking to apply to Graduate entry medicine at St George’s University London , full time,

Many thanks!
Original post by moand26
Thankyou for getting back to me. I would be looking to apply to Graduate entry medicine at St George’s University London , full time,

Many thanks!

Hi there,

Thanks, based on what you've said you'll be entitled to Maintenance Loan in every year of your course. The exact amount depends on your circumstances, so we'd recommend making an application as soon as possible.

If your course begins in the 23/24 year you can apply now.

Thanks, Graeme

https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-register-login
Reply 4
Thankyou for your helpful reply! That is really good to hear, would I be entitled to a tuition fee loan?
Original post by moand26
Thankyou for your helpful reply! That is really good to hear, would I be entitled to a tuition fee loan?

For graduate-entry Medicine, we cover some of the Tuition Fee Loan for Year 1, and you pay the rest. Then, in subsequent years we pay some and the NHS covers the rest.

Once your application is approved we'll confirm the exact amounts for all of this.

Thanks, Graeme

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending