The Student Room Group

The Filofax Appreciation Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I've got the personal Finsbury in fuchsia. It's honestly my life- I don't know what I'd do without it! Recently bought my new inserts for the upcoming academic year, including a mirror (why not?) and multi-coloured post-its. So excited to start using it properly again, it feels so neglected over the summer!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 21
I've got a personal Metropol in raspberry and I'm so in love with it. I've been using it for the last few months but as it was summer I didn't have any appointments etc and I really can't wait to have a lot of stuff to put in. Even if it's just revision times and lectures haha :smile:
Unfortunately my budget wouldn't stretch to a Filofax when I wanted to replace my old Paperchase organiser a few months back. So I bought a new Paperchase one:

Spoiler

It's quite pretty, but what I really want is one of these:

Spoiler

...am I allowed in this thread? :frown:
I have a red pocket chameleon which is also my wallet :smile: I'm attempting to use pocket size for uni, ivencome up with my new page format (four days to view) so we'll see how that goes.

Ideally I'd love an ochre pocket Malden, so Indiana Jones-y
Original post by ellieee-x
If money is no object you could get something like this: http://www.filofax.co.uk/store/organiserdetails.asp?sizeId=3&rangeId=172&dsizeId=3 - i think its very classy, but i'd never be able to afford it!

Theres the classic for £80 which i'd love in pink, but if you dont want something that bright you could go for the cherry! Its beautiful: http://www.filofax.co.uk/store/organiserdetails.asp?sizeId=3&rangeId=86&dsizeId=3

A cheaper alternative would be the chameleon as its currently 50% off, so nice:
http://www.filofax.co.uk/store/organiserdetails.asp?sizeId=3&rangeId=148&dsizeId=3

I'd buy them all if i could!

Unfortunately money is a bit of an object...my parents are willing to pay up to £40ish. I haven't found one I liked on viking unfortunately, there is one I've fallen in love with elsewhere but I'll wait til I get it before posting!
Original post by ninegrandstudent
Unfortunately money is a bit of an object...my parents are willing to pay up to £40ish. I haven't found one I liked on viking unfortunately, there is one I've fallen in love with elsewhere but I'll wait til I get it before posting!

Then the Chameleon/ eBay is your friend!
Reply 26
Hi! Can I join :smile: I have a Raspberry Malden- a bargain from City Organiser at £39.00 with 2012 & 2013 diary :biggrin: This is my 3rd filofax-first was a pocket domino which was too small to use as a full-time diary and my second a raspberry metropol which I outgrew :wink:

I love the shade and texture of the Malden, it looks classy but practical and lays flat straight away which I love.
I have a post-it note divider, several dividers decorated with photographs and a few clear pockets to store cute cards, quotes I love, photo and newspaper clippings etc.

Here are some photos of mine-loving looking at everyones filofaxes :biggrin:

SAM_1299.jpg
SAM_1289.jpgSAM_1291.jpg
Reply 27
I'm getting one for my birthday on Monday :awesome:
Having a bit of a debate with myself guys - I can either wait and hope that my Finsbury appears before I go back to uni, or I could buy a rose coloured Finsbury (same size, £9 more expensive) and have it in my hands by Monday morning. Aghhh.
Original post by kiss_me_now9
Having a bit of a debate with myself guys - I can either wait and hope that my Finsbury appears before I go back to uni, or I could buy a rose coloured Finsbury (same size, £9 more expensive) and have it in my hands by Monday morning. Aghhh.

I'd go with the rose coloured one...but it is £9 extra...have you already bought the other Finsbury?

Do you find that the personal size copes for uni? Or is A5 better?
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Dollyandra
I'd go with the rose coloured one...but it is £9 extra...have you already bought the other Finsbury?

Do you find that the personal size copes for uni? Or is A5 better?

:teehee: Cancelled my Raspberry order and went for the Rose one, I'm far too impatient!

I personally would find it very hard to use a personal or A5 filofax for notes at uni, I have to write mine on A4 (hence my A4 metropol) but for a diary, personal should be fine and in fact I think an A5 would be a bit bulky :smile: It depends what you want it for though!
Reply 31
Ahhh, Filo thread, this one makes me so happy! :biggrin:

I've got a pocket Malden in Vintage Pink, got it off Amazon for £36 ish which isn't too bad for a leather Filo, methinks. I also bought a second-hand oldie, pocket grey Tecnic which I use for storing extra pages/old stuff/inserts currently not in use/spare dividers etc.

I started a massive project to make dividers & pretty inserts thinking I was gonna do a whole set in different themes (black&white, vintage, graphic prints...) but got stumped when I couldn't decide which organising system I was gonna use - basically I didn't wanna use a pretty page I made, write "Notes" on it and realise I never actually use that section but everything goes behind the N tab. So I figured I'm gonna keep mine a bit more plain for six months or so to see how it develops itself, what info I end up adding/needing and then make the final inserts & dividers when I know what I really need.
Original post by kiss_me_now9
:teehee: Cancelled my Raspberry order and went for the Rose one, I'm far too impatient!

I personally would find it very hard to use a personal or A5 filofax for notes at uni, I have to write mine on A4 (hence my A4 metropol) but for a diary, personal should be fine and in fact I think an A5 would be a bit bulky :smile: It depends what you want it for though!

I think Rose is a nicer colour anyway! Hmmm. I might get a cheaper A4 diary to elaborate in...it's hard when you don't know what to expect!
Original post by Dollyandra
I think Rose is a nicer colour anyway! Hmmm. I might get a cheaper A4 diary to elaborate in...it's hard when you don't know what to expect!

I think so too :smile:

It depends on your course really - in my Psychology course there'd be no need for an A4 diary, but if you were doing something very full on like medicine then you could possibly need all the space.
is it worth buying a Fliofax for uni? which type? I'm useless with stuff like this but in my 1st year I was incredibly disorganised so I think I need something to sort that out!
Reply 35
I've got a pocket Metropol in Raspberry and I really love it :biggrin: I am so tempted to get a personal Metropol in Lavender because the pocket seems a little too small.
With all of this talk about different sizes being necessary, remember that's the beauty of Filofax - you could even use 1 day to view in a Mini so that you had enough space for each day, you'd just not be able to have as many days in at a time.
I have an A5 adelphi but it's so heavy I don't use it anymore :frown: does anyone else have this problem with the A5s, or is it just that model?
Reply 38
Original post by IlexAquifolium
I have an A5 adelphi but it's so heavy I don't use it anymore :frown: does anyone else have this problem with the A5s, or is it just that model?

As far as I know, the A5s in general tend to be quite heavy, so a lot of people tend to use those just for at home, and use lighter ones for daily use :smile:
Reply 39
I've got an a5 domino and it doesnt seem TOO heavy...not taken it out & about yet though so cant really judge on how it will be for uni...sure i read a review somewhere though that said the domino is good as its not as heavy as other a5s as its not actual leather. Hope i wasnt dreaming that. Ahh well if it ends up being too cumbersome i might buy a smaller one to take out, as others have suggested. Any excuse for a new filo!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending