Queen Mary, University Of London
London

2012 freshers commuting?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by wozza1991

:O Not a few bus stops!?

Enjoy it guys - I'm going to miss QMUL

That is a serious amount, my course is mainly on the other side of the campus near drapers, hate the long walk from Mile end sometimes.
Expect Whitechapels a good 15+minutes.
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Reply 21
Which campus are you at? If you're arriving at Whitechapel outside of peak times and you only want to get to Stepney Green it can be worth just walking it - good for the fitness too :tongue:

CompSci at mile end, yh i've always tried walking it from whitechapel, but ure right, the market is always packed and u have to stop every 10 seconds to make way :P So if I get a zone 2-5 travelcard on my oyster, does that mean i can interchange at whitechapel for the district line?
Reply 22
Original post by ngnav
CompSci at mile end, yh i've always tried walking it from whitechapel, but ure right, the market is always packed and u have to stop every 10 seconds to make way :P So if I get a zone 2-5 travelcard on my oyster, does that mean i can interchange at whitechapel for the district line?

Yes. There is a special pink reader you can touch-in on which confirms that you've traveled avoiding zone 1.

Two questions for you my friend - what kind of Oyster do you have and how do you get a travelcard put on it? I'm on an 18+ Oyster and want to get a zone 1-5 travelcard put on it but no idea how I might go about doing that!!
Reply 23
Yes. There is a special pink reader you can touch-in on which confirms that you've traveled avoiding zone 1.

Two questions for you my friend - what kind of Oyster do you have and how do you get a travelcard put on it? I'm on an 18+ Oyster and want to get a zone 1-5 travelcard put on it but no idea how I might go about doing that!!

If your a uni student, you got to apply for the 18+ student oyster card................your options for buying a 1-5 zone travelcard..
Using the online service and a debit card, etc and selecting it from the options, they'll automatically update it.
Go to a corner shop which does oyster, they'll take the oyster card onto a reader, tell them what you want, pay and your done.
Or go to a station and using the machines there, touch the reader, pick your option, pay and touch again and its immediately updated.
Reply 24
Original post by Iqbal007
If your a uni student, you got to apply for the 18+ student oyster card................your options for buying a 1-5 zone travelcard..
Using the online service and a debit card, etc and selecting it from the options, they'll automatically update it.
Go to a corner shop which does oyster, they'll take the oyster card onto a reader, tell them what you want, pay and your done.
Or go to a station and using the machines there, touch the reader, pick your option, pay and touch again and its immediately updated.

Thanks for that! Oyster 18+ card is allegedly in the post so I'll have to explore these options, thanks again!
Reply 25
Thanks for that! Oyster 18+ card is allegedly in the post so I'll have to explore these options, thanks again!

Have you never used a oyster? :s-smilie:
unless you dont live in London.
Reply 26
Original post by Iqbal007
Have you never used a oyster? :s-smilie:
unless you dont live in London.

Yeah I've always lived out in Zone 5 & have used Oyster for years, but traditionally I just go to the National Rail ticket office, they read off my oyster number & produce me a paper ticket travelcard - thought it was about time I caught up with technology :tongue:
Reply 27

Right now I've got my 16+ to use till 31 sept, coz i think you have to be fully enrolled to apply for an 18+ oyster, you can get a travelcard put on at any underground/overground station via the ticket machines, but if u want to be on the safe side purchase it from the ticket counter.
Reply 28
travelling from west london ¬_¬ ...studying law

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending