The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 1
pretty hard i wud reckon.. i doubt u wud be able to do it straightaway since law is a lot more competitive than history and they just wont have it... maybe if you got a first in your first year exams they'd let you.. but by then you've probably missed some important law modules..
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Yeah you'd have to change before the start of your first year because you'd be unable to change once you're started your course, due to the complete dissimilarity between the two courses. Chance of changing is pretty slim because Law is a very, very competitive course to get onto.
Reply 3
hey ollie.. damn u and ure manchesterunitedsupportingness!!!
man u r such lucky messes
why was henry on the bench????
jakatak
hey ollie.. damn u and ure manchesterunitedsupportingness!!!
man u r such lucky messes
why was henry on the bench????

Lucky? :p: We've been better than you all match! I think Henry was on the bench because he was a bit nackered, but he's been non-existent ever since he came on.

Anyhow stay on topic :p: lol
Reply 5
ollie's right.

Generally if you want to switch to a similar course (e.g. G&E to Economics, Law and Anthropology to Law, etc), it's possible to do it after your first year.

But if it's two completely different programmes, you should get it sorted now.
Reply 6
how soon? is it better to wait til result day? I changed my mind. its like all the troubles with uni are falling down to my head!
Reply 7
Results day? No way, definitely do it now. They'll be swamped with many other things on their to-do list come results day.
Reply 8
legendrower
How easy would it be to change to Law from His....I have 3 A's already? I ask this because of the extra time it would take converting to being ready for Law as a profession if I did His, although I would probs prefer to read His. Just an idea
Just wanted to say (just in case): you do know that History is one of the best degrees you can do to be a lawyer? It uses all the same skills and the nature of work is similar. In a rather/very tenuous way, History is like Physics; Law is like Engineering - you have the core skills to apply in legal situations. So, personally, I wouldn't be too worried about the extra year - but I do see what you mean. But I think it would be quite difficult to change to Law, for reasons already stated.

Hope this helps,

Sen
Reply 9
they do state in FAQ that we can ask, but then it's likely that we have to wait after result days, so they can see how the offer holder people do, so they know exactly how many places will be taken up. Then after result days, we will have to mention and explain it again, then they will consider.
what you think? now or result day? :frown:
valerious
they do state in FAQ that we can ask, but then it's likely that we have to wait after result days, so they can see how the offer holder people do, so they know exactly how many places will be taken up. Then after result days, we will have to mention and explain it again, then they will consider.
what you think? now or result day? :frown:

I'd ask now because you never know there might be other people who want to change as well, and they might only take the first however many people to fill the spaces. It's not going to do any harm so you might as well :smile:
Reply 11
yeah i think you're right, Ollie. Do you think they will ask for the reasons? i cant think of any, i dont think i can say "well, you know, circumstances change, and i experienced things that change my particular interest and future plans ..blah blah blah" :d any suggest?
valerious
yeah i think you're right, Ollie. Do you think they will ask for the reasons? i cant think of any, i dont think i can say "well, you know, circumstances change, and i experienced things that change my particular interest and future plans ..blah blah blah" :d any suggest?

I'm not sure how i'd word it, but make sure they understand that you are definitely still interested in the course you've got the offer for, but that you were looking to see if it was possible to change to whatever. What change are you looking to make?
Reply 13
yeah sure i still like my course, but really i want to change as i think it will help my future plans better and quicker. my target is management science. (from environmental policy and economics) weird again :biggrin: i feel like i want to do a lot of contrary things, but maybe it's just the fact that i know nothing...what you reckon?
Reply 14
@ valerious: just curious, why are you interested in mgmt sc. I have an offer, but do not know how to handle it.

Would it be possible to change from mgmt sc. to econ. Are they comparable?:smile:
Reply 15
doubt it.

Its not hard if they are related - ie econ&maths --> econ -- and you do relatively okay at ur first year exams.
Reply 16
JBJB
@ valerious: just curious, why are you interested in mgmt sc. I have an offer, but do not know how to handle it.

Would it be possible to change from mgmt sc. to econ. Are they comparable?:smile:

Doubt it.

It's easy to change from a joint course to a specalised one, though, as long as you demonstrate a clear passion for your subject and do reasonably well for your first year exams.
Reply 17
so no chance of changing...:frown: but probably from mgmt.sc. to pure mgmt. but they are nearly the same
Reply 18
There is a chance, its just unlikely. Remember economics is quite a popular course.

Latest

Trending

Trending