The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

Is the University of Glasgow worth it?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by Castiel'
Hi if there are any applicants from England planning to go to Glasgow could you please post on this thread to share your views/opinions on moving to Scotland to study

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...4#post41829884

I'm from England myself and I'm slightly nervous aha :s-smilie:

Do scottish people find it hard to understand english accents? - this is one of my concerns worried I wont make many friends potentially because of this :frown:

It's never been a problem whenever I've talked to Scottish people. So I doubt that would ever be a reason not to make friends

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Reply 41
Thanks mate. I'm sure Celtic will make the groups next season

Reply 42
Original post by TK95
It's never been a problem whenever I've talked to Scottish people. So I doubt that would ever be a reason not to make friends

Oh okay that's reassuring thank you :smile: Are you english yourself then? and if you are, how was it moving from England to Scotland for uni?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 43

Do scottish people find it hard to understand english accents? - this is one of my concerns worried I wont make many friends potentially because of this :frown:

I don't find it difficult at all. But will you be able to understand the Glaswegian accent? :wink: Haha, nah, it's not difficult and easy to pick up after you've been here for a while.
Reply 44
Original post by mythtakes
I don't find it difficult at all. But will you be able to understand the Glaswegian accent? :wink: Haha, nah, it's not difficult and easy to pick up after you've been here for a while.

Lol probably not but I'm determined to learn how to understand the accent :biggrin:
Reply 45
Oh okay that's reassuring thank you :smile: Are you english yourself then? and if you are, how was it moving from England to Scotland for uni?

Yh I'm from Leicester. I'm not in Scotland yet, I'm hoping to study at Uni of Glasgow this summer. I'm just talking from experience whenever I've visited Scotland or talked to family from there, the accents have never been an issue for me or them :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending