The Student Room Group

Training Contracts 2015 - Let the Games Begin

Scroll to see replies

Original post by inspired username
I've been checking my emails all day; not a peep from Covington.

Guessing that's a bad sign then...

Sorry to hear that.... I know from someone I met on tuesday that he also hadnt heard back yet and someone else here who also got called back. My guess would be that they called people to see whether they confirm back before sending out rejections? I missed the calls but they sent me an email. So keep checking your phone/voicemail/email. Maybe someone got their dream TC in the last week and will decline. Good luck!!!!

If anyone has any hints on the second round interview, I would appreciate any advice!
Reply 2461
Original post by Bobbi44
Sorry to hear that - quite a harsh PFO. Was this pre/post VRT? I'm still waiting to hear back...I dunno if that's a good thing or bad thing :confused:

I am waiting too. They pushed me to do the VRT within 4 days at end of July so they can assess it and we are now almost 4 weeks after and no news.

At least RPC was honest to say, you'll hear after 2nd of September, meaning will make offers to undergrads first and see then what's left for any future ACs and interviews from direct TC apps

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone heard from Addleshaw post-phone interview?

nope not yet!
Reply 2463
Heya, has anyone heard from Cleary Gottlieb or Arnold and Porter?
I'm waiting to hear back from White and Case as well, but I don't think anyone has heard back from them yet.
Original post by Zack89
Heya, has anyone heard from Cleary Gottlieb or Arnold and Porter?
I'm waiting to hear back from White and Case as well, but I don't think anyone has heard back from them yet.

I heard back from Cleary a while ago :smile: White & Case haven't given any interviews yet though.
Original post by the punter
Sorry to hear that.... I know from someone I met on tuesday that he also hadnt heard back yet and someone else here who also got called back. My guess would be that they called people to see whether they confirm back before sending out rejections? I missed the calls but they sent me an email. So keep checking your phone/voicemail/email. Maybe someone got their dream TC in the last week and will decline. Good luck!!!!

If anyone has any hints on the second round interview, I would appreciate any advice!

I guess they're just waiting to send the PFOs. I should have known the numbers didn't add up. Six training contracts, 24 summer scheme attendees and 42 straight training contract applicants interviewed.

Oh well, good luck with the second round interview :smile:
Original post by tcdesperado
nope not yet!

How long ago was your interview?

Mine was only towards the end of last week, but I was told I'd hear back "in the next few days"
Reply 2467
Original post by Nordic
I second this. Also anyone hear from AG Manchester post telephone interview?

Nope, also still waiting.
Original post by DesperateTimes
Hi all,

I just wanted to ask if any of you lovely people had any opinion whatsoever on Shearman & Sterling as a firm?

Whether your opinions are negative or positive I would very much hope to hear from you, and I would greatly appreciate anyone's account of experiences with the firm whether as a vacation scheme student, an applicant or a trainee (if there are any of you on here?)

Thank you all in advance.

I went through the whole direct TC assessment process a few weeks ago. Really liked the place - very laid back, biggest deals, biggest clients, great people etc!

Why do you ask?
In case anyone's interested, got an invite for twobirds' Skype interview on Friday. (I've been away for the weekend which is why this post is delayed)
Reply 2470
Original post by oliver2011
I heard back from Cleary a while ago :smile: White & Case haven't given any interviews yet though.

Would you mind if I asked if it was an invitation to interview with Cleary that you received? I only ask because I'd be happier having an indication of where I stand with them
Reply 2471
Interview with Gordons on Friday. Has anybody interviewed there before? Any tips? Thanks in advance.
Original post by Hu_em_ai
Got rejected 3 hours ago.

Sorry to hear that. I might get mine tomorrow then!
How long ago was your interview?

Mine was only towards the end of last week, but I was told I'd hear back "in the next few days"

it was last monday! i was told the same, but reckon that was just what the person was told to say..

someone said earlier on the thread that their grad rec dept. isnt the quickest! but ive not heard on any AC offers yet? so fingers crossed!
Reply 2474
I guess they're just waiting to send the PFOs. I should have known the numbers didn't add up. Six training contracts, 24 summer scheme attendees and 42 straight training contract applicants interviewed.

Oh well, good luck with the second round interview :smile:

Those are terrifying odds.
Original post by Zack89
Would you mind if I asked if it was an invitation to interview with Cleary that you received? I only ask because I'd be happier having an indication of where I stand with them

Yeah it was an invitation to open day assesment centre. I probably won't go to it though.
Original post by sam5
Hi there, I had an interview yesterday. It was challenging! Have you had yours already? Best of luck.

I found the initial grilling about my written exercise was the worst part of the entire assessment. I can't help but feel stupid when they are asking me to identify the problems with what I wrote, as if I was dumb for having written it at all, but I imagine the intention is to test how much it has been thought through.

Oh well. This long, painful process is almost at an end.
Hi im just wondering if anybody could help me

Im going into the second year of my law degree and im a bit confused about the applications for training contracts. When exactly should you apply for them is it in your second or third year ?
Reply 2478
Original post by SillyMilly
Hi im just wondering if anybody could help me

Im going into the second year of my law degree and im a bit confused about the applications for training contracts. When exactly should you apply for them is it in your second or third year ?

Hi, welcome to the insanity!

You need to apply once you have your second year results. I would strongly recommend you apply for a vac scheme first though - deadline for these is usually the 31st January and the application process opens around November.
Original post by yarp
Hi, welcome to the insanity!

You need to apply once you have your second year results. I would strongly recommend you apply for a vac scheme first though - deadline for these is usually the 31st January and the application process opens around November.

oh brilliant thankyou !! so would that mean youd start work the year you graduate or the year after?? thankyou for replying !

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending