The Student Room Group

Training Contracts 2015 - Let the Games Begin

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PotterLaw
I applied to HowardKennedyFsi too and have not heard anything either!

So strange - I might e-mail them. Everytime I call I just get the answerphone
I applied to HowardKennedyFsi too and have not heard anything either!

Just got an e-mail:

Thank you for your email and for your continued interest in HowardKennedyFsi.

We are currently in the process of reviewing and selecting candidates to take forward to the next stage of the recruitment process. We will be in touch with all candidates in due course, likely throughout August, to let them know the status of their individual applications.
To be honest it does depend on the firm. Some will only contact after the deadline. When I applied for the Vac Scheme/TC at Irwin Mitchell I got my app in 1 and a half months before the deadline. I then had my phone interview before the deadline had even passed!

Aaah, thanks! I guess I'll just have to wait around and twiddle my thumbs for the time being.
Original post by Emily.R67
They do apparently so you should get an email either way!

I passed the first year of my GDL! They say good things happen in threes so here's hoping!!

Congrats Emily on passing GDL!

I haven't heard anything from VWV though, have you?
Original post by positivevibes
Just got an e-mail:

Thank you for your email and for your continued interest in HowardKennedyFsi.

We are currently in the process of reviewing and selecting candidates to take forward to the next stage of the recruitment process. We will be in touch with all candidates in due course, likely throughout August, to let them know the status of their individual applications.

Amazing, thanks so much! :smile:
Original post by Certified_S
Aaah, thanks! I guess I'll just have to wait around and twiddle my thumbs for the time being.

I know it's so frustrating! Feel like we will all be doing nothing in august apart from refreshing our email inbox's!
Reply 566
Original post by peachesfromspain
Congrats Emily on passing GDL!

I haven't heard anything from VWV though, have you?

No nothing yet unfortunately - not sure if that is good or bad news! They definitely told me this week but I know how things like this tend to get delayed in my firm so they may be a bit late..
I know it's so frustrating! Feel like we will all be doing nothing in august apart from refreshing our email inbox's!

I am so happy I am doing an internship at the moment but even then I keep on checking my emails all the time :frown:
Original post by the punter
I am so happy I am doing an internship at the moment but even then I keep on checking my emails all the time :frown:

Ah awesome. Yeah I'll be on a vac scheme the week after next and I feel I'll be sneaking away to check my emails......subtlety. Haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ah awesome. Yeah I'll be on a vac scheme the week after next and I feel I'll be sneaking away to check my emails......subtlety. Haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck with the vac scheme. I am in a 5 months internship and summer break is kicking in, so not much to do which is good when you know that you have interviews to prepare for but really bad when you waiting to hear back :biggrin:
Good luck with the vac scheme. I am in a 5 months internship and summer break is kicking in, so not much to do which is good when you know that you have interviews to prepare for but really bad when you waiting to hear back :biggrin:

Thanks! Bit nervous and I feel like I've forgotten all land law in the past month & a half since exams. Not ideal! Int

Thanks! Bit nervous and I feel like I've forgotten all land law in the past month & a half since exams. Not ideal! Internship sounds awesome! Yeah I feel I'll be anxiously waiting for most of this summer lol

Thanks! Bit nervous and I feel like I've forgotten all land law in the past month & a half since exams. Not ideal! Internship sounds awesome! Yeah I feel I'll be anxiously waiting for most of this summer lol

In my vac scheme they didnt expect me to have any substantial knowledge about the area I was sitting in. So dont worry too much, it will be all good.
(edited 10 years ago)
In my vac scheme they didnt expect me to have any substantial knowledge about the area I was sitting in. So dont worry too much, it will be all good.

Ah good!! Thanks. This makes me feel less guilty about the past 3 hours I've spent watching the Hungary GP.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ah good!! Thanks. This makes me feel less guilty about the past 3 hours I've spent watching the Hungary GP.

Posted from TSR Mobile

No, its really more about how you come across on a personal level :wink:
Reply 575
What's the scoop with RPC and verbal reasoning tests? Does everyone have to do them à la FFW/CMS or is getting invited a good sign?
Reply 576
Original post by papered
What's the scoop with RPC and verbal reasoning tests? Does everyone have to do them à la FFW/CMS or is getting invited a good sign?

I can't say for definite but I did an RPC vac scheme and I'm pretty sure grad rec said something about everyone having to do them.
Reply 577
Original post by GVLP
I can't say for definite but I did an RPC vac scheme and I'm pretty sure grad rec said something about everyone having to do them.

Thank you! I thought that was probably case and it certainly explains that ROF article about the girl who scored in the 99th percentile and still didn't make it to AC.
Reply 578
Haven't been on this in a while, but last week I got a PFO from Dentons post interview.
Original post by TChunter
Haven't been on this in a while, but last week I got a PFO from Dentons post interview.

Was this the competency based interview? Had mine on friday and currently waiting to hear from them.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending