The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

It seems that Wootcannon has an internet problem at the mo.
Reply 201
ah, isn't it a bit unfair having the election while he's not around?
Reply 202
So are we going for the record then?
Reply 203
yep, lets go for it
Reply 204
Hey, shall we do the mad thing and make the record really talking about the SG vote? *Shock* *Horror*
Reply 205
If everyone puts any questions and statements etc. in lots of small posts then we could probably do it.
Reply 206
I have a question!!!!

What do the candidates plan on doing about this Houses Plan if they are elected. It never got off the ground under Agent Smith. Brazil is just curious :biggrin:
Reply 207
As is the Ukraine
Reply 208
Yes, Brazil and The Ukraine would like to know the candidates position on the houses system and how they hope to handle it if they are elected.

EDIT: Malta to wants to know :biggrin:!
Malta is interested in that too as we never fully understood it in the past.
UnaChance
I have a question!!!!

What do the candidates plan on doing about this Houses Plan if they are elected. It never got off the ground under Agent Smith. Brazil is just curious :biggrin:
It would have been nice, I admit, but with representatives coming and going like I don't know what, it proved impossible (for me, at least) to keep track of who was in what house, and to keep a relatively even balance of big/small powers in each one.
Reply 211
Yeah, It's a good idea but It would be quite hard to keep track of.
Reply 212
I agree, I like posting when ever I have time and not being obliged to post in certain weeks.

The idea of the house system came about in order to make MUN members post regularly. Perhaps a better way would be to have a minimum amount of activity for MUN members, e.g. at least 5 posts a week for members of the security council, and 5 post a month for people only in the General Assembly.
Reply 213
Okay, I'm not in the SC but I post pretty much every day, if not, every few days.

Why the tighter rules for those in the SC, it'll just end up the SC are the only ones really posting
Reply 214
The numbers are only minimum numbers, so members can post as much as they want.

I suggested more commitment for the members of the SC because these tend to be the bigger more important countries.

Some people may want to join the MUN and only post every now and again. This would work fine if they represent a small nation that does not do much on the world stage. Larger nations like the US and China for example would require more active reps, so you could make a rule that says people representing "big important" countries must post more often. These "big important" nations tend to be in the SC, hence the suggestion for having SC members post more often.
I wouldn't have thought those not in the SC couldn't post more.
Sorry, I got lost in the stream of negatives there.

Agent Smith has edited my post to say the above. I can remember what was in this post originally now, nor what I'd posted and quoted...very confusing...

AGENT SMITH SAYS: HELP! I edited a post thinking it was mine! Damn these mod powers!
Reply 216
Well these are all idea's the candidates should be listening to.

Then we can vote in the MUN Carrot and we'll be up :biggrin:
Reply 217
Agent Smith
It would have been nice, I admit, but with representatives coming and going like I don't know what, it proved impossible (for me, at least) to keep track of who was in what house, and to keep a relatively even balance of big/small powers in each one.

Do I smell incompetency? :p:

j/k!
Reply 218
I didn't like the houses idea at first, but I warmed to it, and I'm interested what the new SG is going to do with it
I dunno about the houses idea. Sometimes you get issues where you need two or three specific countries to participate (i.e. US/Mexico on immigration) and if they're in different groups they may well not be bothering with participating at the same time. And if you're going to distribute the 'powers' across groups what's that going to do for SC debates?

Latest

Trending

Trending