The Student Room Group

Singapore Kopitiam

Scroll to see replies

going to university of leeds for 2011 school term hehe
Reply 2161
Hi Guys,

Just wanna ask since most JC's end in November and only have results at Jan next year right?

And since a lot of western (UK/US) uni start sep/oct then what do people do for the 9 months? Anything constructive?

Perhaps part time job in army or prestudy for the major?

Sorry i know its stupid question but just being inquisitive.
Reply 2162
probably the same thing as others do when waiting for NUS / NTU / SMU to start.
hai gaiz! :dance:

how come don't have singlish in this thread ah? not allowed isit? :wink:
Reply 2164
Funny, I always thought Kopitiam was Singlish.
It's more Malaysian though? I'm not sure, it's used a lot here.

but no one is speaking Singlish! How strange :O
Reply 2166
Hey guys! Anyone currently in Warwick???
Reply 2167
Original post by songwei
Hey guys! Anyone currently in Warwick???

yes
got offer from - manchester, warwick and ucl so far
Reply 2169
Just realised there is a thread for Singaporeans. Came in just to say hi. :biggrin:

hi! :biggrin:
Hi all :hello:

We're reviewing all of the social groups following migration to vBulletin 3.8 and we've noticed that this group doesn't have any active leader. Would anyone like to take over?
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 2172
what does an active leader do?
Original post by Narev

Original post by Narev
what does an active leader do?

There's not a huge amount that a leader needs to do - mainly, they'll need to manage any requests to join the group (or just set requests to be accepted automatically), but they also have additional powers over, for example, any additional threads that could be associated with the group. There may well be a bit of a backlog of requests, but once this has been looked at (which is probably simply a case of choosing "approve all") there shouldn't be much work involved. Being active in this thread would be good, to keep a healthy level of discussion going, but nothing's obligatory. :smile:
Reply 2174
I don't mind being an active leader for this thread then
Original post by Narev

Original post by Narev
I don't mind being an active leader for this thread then

Great, thanks! :smile: You'll get a PM shortly offering for you to take over.

If you'd like to see more about how social groups work and how to manage them, take a look here: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/faq.php?faq=social_groups
(edited 13 years ago)
Reply 2176
Reply 2177
nah..looks too tiring
Hi fellow Singaporeans! I took the A levels last yr and im applying for deferred entry.

Just like to ask, to what extent would uk unis look into yr O level results and H1 subjects like pw and gp in yr app?
Reply 2179
Greetings from a fellow Singaporean,

Is there anyone taking Economics in LSE now? I'm in the midst of application and it would be helpful to talk to someone from LSE econs.

Quick Reply

Latest