The Student Room Group
Reply 1
In article <[email protected]>, Paul McElhone
<[email protected]> writes
[q1]>Is anyone out there on the programme or a product of it. One question that I can't seem to find the[/q1]
[q1]>answer to is whether or not trainees pay tax on their salary grant. I know student nurses receive a[/q1]
[q1]>salary grant tax free and wondered whether or not this is the same.[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]>Paul[/q1]

As far as I know tax is payable.

Martin Nicholson, Daventry, UK

International Astronomical Union's Minor Planet Centre - Observatory Code 456
Reply 2
My wife's on the course and sadly she has to pay tax :>( "Paul McElhone"
<[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
[q1]> Is anyone out there on the programme or a product of it. One question that I can't seem to find[/q1]
[q1]> the answer to is whether or not trainees pay tax on their salary grant. I know student nurses[/q1]
[q1]> receive a salary grant tax free and wondered whether or not this is the same.[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> Paul[/q1]
Reply 3
I'm on PGCE, with no other income or anything - and nowt comes off mine!

"Dave Smith" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
[q1]> My wife's on the course and sadly she has to pay tax :>( "Paul McElhone"[/q1]
[q1]> <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...[/q1]
[q2]> > Is anyone out there on the programme or a product of it. One question that I can't seem to find[/q2]
[q2]> > the answer to is whether or not trainees pay tax on their salary grant. I know student nurses[/q2]
[q2]> > receive a salary grant tax free and wondered whether or not this is the same.[/q2]
[q2]> >[/q2]
[q2]> > Paul[/q2]
Reply 4
"Paul McElhone" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:[email protected]...
[q1]> Is anyone out there on the programme or a product of it. One question that I can't seem to find[/q1]
[q1]> the answer to is whether or not trainees pay tax on their salary grant. I know student nurses[/q1]
[q1]> receive a salary grant tax free and wondered whether or not this is the same.[/q1]
[q1]>[/q1]
[q1]> Paul[/q1]

Very doubtful. The UK taxman must have his pound of flesh. Best advice: do something else. Chris

Latest

Trending

Trending