The Student Room Group

Wellcome Graduate Development Programme 2024

Does anyone know when the Wellcome Graduate Development Programme will open? It says applications are closed on the website, but I don't know if that means they have opened and shut, or are yet to be opened. Does anyone know?
Reply 1
Original post by Nandi Judge
Does anyone know when the Wellcome Graduate Development Programme will open? It says applications are closed on the website, but I don't know if that means they have opened and shut, or are yet to be opened. Does anyone know?

I have been wondering this too! I have been checking the website since September, and it hasn't changed. So I think they haven't opened yet. I did email the programmes contact to ask, but they didn't reply.
Reply 2
Original post by izzy1678
I have been wondering this too! I have been checking the weIbsite since September, and it hasn't changed. So I think they haven't opened yet. I did email the programmes contact to ask, but they didn't reply.

I emailed a while ago and got this response "Applications for autumn 2024 have not open and will not do until autumn 2024." but I don't really know what it means.
I emailed asking about when the 2024 intake applications open and they emailed back saying that Wellcome is not taking any applications for the Wellcome Graduate Development Programme this year (to start in 2024) and that in autumn 2024, they will take applications for the 2025 intake. I hope that makes sense!
Reply 4
Original post by Unicornsarelif3
I emailed asking about when the 2024 intake applications open and they emailed back saying that Wellcome is not taking any applications for the Wellcome Graduate Development Programme this year (to start in 2024) and that in autumn 2024, they will take applications for the 2025 intake. I hope that makes sense!

Oh nooo! I'm guessing you can still apply in 2024 if you graduated in 2023? Is it a two year cut off for recent (master's) graduates?
Original post by izzy1678
Oh nooo! I'm guessing you can still apply in 2024 if you graduated in 2023? Is it a two year cut off for recent (master's) graduates?

Oooh that is a good question! I am afraid I am not too sure sorry :frown:, but it is worth emailing to find out. They responded to me super quick!
Reply 6
Oooh that is a good question! I am afraid I am not too sure sorry :frown:, but it is worth emailing to find out. They responded to me super quick!

Ah that's such a shame! Thanks for sharing though. Do you guys have any other ideas / recommendations for similar grad applications to apply for? I'm finding it hard to find relevant roles with applications that aren't already shut / very oversubscribed!
Reply 7
Original post by Nandi Judge
Ah that's such a shame! Thanks for sharing though. Do you guys have any other ideas / recommendations for similar grad applications to apply for? I'm finding it hard to find relevant roles with applications that aren't already shut / very oversubscribed!

I was going to apply to Charityworks!

A few people I know did it and they said it was a good foot in the door to charity sector etc

Quick Reply

Latest