The Student Room Group

Unlocked Graduate Scheme or SCITT with PGCE

Hi everyone, I've recently received a conditional offer from Unlocked Graduates, but I'm also heavily considering whether it's the right thing for me as I don't see myself enjoy being in a prison, however, because it offers a fully funded master's course, I'm really tempted to go ahead with it. At the same time, last summer I had a teaching internship with the SCITT provider I'd go with if I was to decide on teaching and had an overall good experience. It would be really appreciated if someone in a similar position or someone who's had an experience could share their opinion. Thanks in advance!
Reply 1
Original post by vladislav4271
Hi everyone, I've recently received a conditional offer from Unlocked Graduates, but I'm also heavily considering whether it's the right thing for me as I don't see myself enjoy being in a prison, however, because it offers a fully funded master's course, I'm really tempted to go ahead with it. At the same time, last summer I had a teaching internship with the SCITT provider I'd go with if I was to decide on teaching and had an overall good experience. It would be really appreciated if someone in a similar position or someone who's had an experience could share their opinion. Thanks in advance!
Hi,
I was just wondering whether you would be able to share any advice for the assessment centre, as I have it coming up shortly.

Thanks!
Reply 2
Original post by Zofia.ay
Hi,
I was just wondering whether you would be able to share any advice for the assessment centre, as I have it coming up shortly.

Thanks!
Hey, I’d just say to try not to be nervous, be yourself, take your time to answer the questions, don’t be scared to try new approaches for the practice scenario after the first attempt if you think you can improve something, and just try to elaborate your answers as well as you can whilst considering how you can be an asset to the programme. Good luck!
Original post by vladislav4271
Hi @vladislav4271 ,

It is great to hear that you had a positive experience on your teaching internship over the summer. I would recommend speaking to your adviser, who can help to provide further insights into teaching in order to find out whether this is the path for you or not. Ultimately, the decision is yours and advisers understand that you will sometimes have a number of careers to choose from. However, as they are all qualified teachers themselves they can answer any questions that you may still have and even help you to apply for the course if you do decide to go ahead. Some teacher training courses will also provide you with credits towards a masters, again, your adviser can provide you with further information on this.
If you do not have a teacher training adviser, then you can sign up for one here.

I hope that this may help you with your decision making. Best of luck,
Jennifer

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending