The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by vicky8761
my school has only had us do papers from 2009 upwards, where can i get the stuff from before that?

https://rapidshare.com/#!download|550p3|3690202252|F334%20Past%20Papers.zip|8286|0|0

In some of the legacy papers there are irrelevant topics, such as NMR and Equilibrium constants; so just ignore them. Good luck :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Hey guys, I've made some revision PowerPoints for myself and thought I'd put them up here. Haven't finished SS and TL yet but also have some for OCR A2 Biology F214 (11/01/13) if anyone's interested.
Reply 83
So scared and under-prepared for Monday...

Original post by Harantony
x

I wish you were my teacher. :lol:
Original post by suncake
So scared and under-prepared for Monday...

I wish you were my teacher. :lol:

LOL I'm flattered!

Feel free if you have any more questions about anything and I'll try and answer them! :biggrin:
Reply 85
Original post by AmirHabeeb
Here you go guys:
Mark scheme F334 June 2012 :smile:

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
It hard to know where you've gone wrong without a markscheme

btw I gave you a positive rating :smile:
i must say that 2012 papers contain some very strange and hard questions !!! :s-smilie:
Reply 87
Original post by fallen_child
i must say that 2012 papers contain some very strange and hard questions !!! :s-smilie:

Which ones? I found the questions broadly average tbh. Remember, the chemistry is always the same regardless. :smile:
Does anyone else get really frustrated when the mark scheme is different every time for drug testing?!
It changes every time for why transition metals are good catalysts as well
Reply 89
Original post by jackerharder
Does anyone else get really frustrated when the mark scheme is different every time for drug testing?!
It changes every time for why transition metals are good catalysts as well

I havent noticed much variation in the drug testing questions.
That's because it varies depending on whether it's homogeneous or heterogeneous.
Reply 90
If I was to retake a retake, would they take that result or would they take the best result out of the 3? (hopefully it won't come to that)
I'm only asking, because biology take the result of the second retake, but they are different exam boards.
Reply 91
Original post by super121
If I was to retake a retake, would they take that result or would they take the best result out of the 3? (hopefully it won't come to that)
I'm only asking, because biology take the result of the second retake, but they are different exam boards.

They always take the best result regardless.
Reply 92
Abit stuck on the oxidation questions when H+ becomes involved.
For example when MnO4- + 8H+ + 5e- > Mn2+ + 4H2O

The hydrogens are for the H in h2o i think? But where do the electrons come from?
Reply 93
Original post by Waki
Abit stuck on the oxidation questions when H+ becomes involved.
For example when MnO4- + 8H+ + 5e- > Mn2+ + 4H2O

The hydrogens are for the H in h2o i think? But where do the electrons come from?

Mn is +7 in MnO4- so 5 electrons are needed to make Mn2+
Reply 94
Mn is +7 in MnO4- so 5 electrons are needed to make Mn2+

Thanks!
So when Mn is +7 it will always be 5 elecs?
And in the moles question youll have to times by 5?
Reply 95
Dreading this exam :/

I just did the Jan 11 paper and got 70/90 - the grade boundaries said 63/90 for an A does anyone know what an A* is??

Also can anyone explain why the complex ion [Fe(H2O)6)3+ is yellow?

Thank you!
Reply 96
Original post by ebc

I just did the Jan 11 paper and got 70/90 - the grade boundaries said 63/90 for an A does anyone know what an A* is??

Thank you!
68 ish. If you're talking about questions with them in solution you should talk about how it transmits yellow wavelengths of light whilst absorbing complementary wavelengths.
Reply 97
[INDENT]
68 ish. If you're talking about questions with them in solution you should talk about how it transmits yellow wavelengths of light whilst absorbing complementary wavelengths.

Woo! Thank you so that explains why but the question asked what colour it was? So do I just have to know that the Fe irons are that colour?
Reply 98
Does anyone have the mark scheme for the June 2010 legacy paper? Its from the old spec, 2849/01
Original post by ebc

Thank you!

The water Ligands cause the 3d orbitals in Fe(|||) to split, some orbitals become lower in energy as some become higher, this creates an energy gap between the orbitals. Light is absorbed through this gap, and the size of the gap corresponds to the wavelength of light that's absorbed (in this case it's violet). The colour we see in the complex ion is the complimentary colour to that absorbed ((yellow is complimentary to violet)... hope this helps :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending