The Student Room Group

Ideas for higher english discursive essay!

I wan't to do an unique essay that not very many other people have done. I am interested in Scottish music and language but don't know what to do it on. Any ideas??
Reply 1
Original post by Stue01470
I wan't to do an unique essay that not very many other people have done. I am interested in Scottish music and language but don't know what to do it on. Any ideas??

That sounds interesting, but it does sound rather complex. I suppose your word limit is quite short? What books do you have access to? If you are allowed to construct an essay entirely of your choice and liking, perhaps, for the word-restrictions in place, it would be wise to concentrate on a specific text (maybe a story, novel, or a poem/ set of poems) and discuss the relationship between Scottish music and the language of the text? That might be a way to do this, since I suspect the text is the most important thing here, and your discussion of Scottish music will want to be triggered by the text, rather than texts being subservient to a non-literary topic. Does that make sense?

It's good though that you have this independent idea: thinking like this will bode well for future *independent* study.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending