The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Economics in LSE

I'm a British citizen currently living in Australia, who's moving back to the UK Dec 2013.. I want to study Economics, Finance, or a related field that will help me achieve my ambition of being an investment banker.

I studied GCSEs just before I left the UK, and had;
English - A
Eng Lit - A
Maths - B
Biology (triple science) - B
Chemistry (ts) - B
Physics (ts) - C
French - B
History - A
ICT - AA
RE - A

For my VCE's (Australian equivalent to A-levels) I'm doing Maths, Economics, English, History and Business Management. My predicted grades are;

English - 43/50 - A*
Economics - 42/50 - A*
Maths - 40/50 - A
History - 42/50 - A
Business Managment - 45/50 - A*

That would make my ATAR 96 or so - min requirement is 95.4 http://bit.ly/S69edu - Correct me if I'm wrong - but basically it says any Australian qualification/subject is fine as long as there's a high standard maintained throughout, the ENTER 95.4 score is met and the grades in the A-Level prerequisites are similarly met in VCE.

Assuming these scores, what is my likelihood of getting in LSE? And are there any other universities that are similar in nature to LSE, and offer a similar pathway to IB? And are any other courses in LSE are as/more desirable for IB? Such as Accounting/Finance or Economic History?
Reply 1
Original post by oj101
I'm a British citizen currently living in Australia, who's moving back to the UK Dec 2013.. I want to study Economics, Finance, or a related field that will help me achieve my ambition of being an investment banker.

I studied GCSEs just before I left the UK, and had;
English - A
Eng Lit - A
Maths - B
Biology (triple science) - B
Chemistry (ts) - B
Physics (ts) - C
French - B
History - A
ICT - AA
RE - A

For my VCE's (Australian equivalent to A-levels) I'm doing Maths, Economics, English, History and Business Management. My predicted grades are;

English - 43/50 - A*
Economics - 42/50 - A*
Maths - 40/50 - A
History - 42/50 - A
Business Managment - 45/50 - A*

That would make my ATAR 96 or so - min requirement is 95.4 http://bit.ly/S69edu - Correct me if I'm wrong - but basically it says any Australian qualification/subject is fine as long as there's a high standard maintained throughout, the ENTER 95.4 score is met and the grades in the A-Level prerequisites are similarly met in VCE.

Assuming these scores, what is my likelihood of getting in LSE? And are there any other universities that are similar in nature to LSE, and offer a similar pathway to IB? And are any other courses in LSE are as/more desirable for IB? Such as Accounting/Finance or Economic History?

LSE want an A* in Maths, so you're going to have some trouble.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending