The Student Room Group

PHYA5 ~ 20th June 2013 ~ A2 Physics

Scroll to see replies

Original post by smith50
Okay here are the documents hope you find them useful
I am doing them aswell let me know if you get stuck :biggrin:
Smith

I mean the huguans topic with all the radio waves and and light as a wave and particle and the tunnelling. Im really need exam practise on that.

Btw do you have answers to the ones you posted?

Posted from TSR Mobile
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1370550429.058965.jpg

This is Flemings right hand rule right?? Got me confused

Posted from TSR Mobile
What I'm asking really is whether, the flow of current is defined as the way in which the electrons move? So the alpha particle is a current moving towards the left?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by smith50
Smith

Markscheme prwetty please
Original post by cavalera94
What I'm asking really is whether, the flow of current is defined as the way in which the electrons move? So the alpha particle is a current moving towards the left?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Use rh for negative particles and lh for positive

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 385
Original post by posthumus
Brilliant, thank you so much ! :biggrin: :biggrin:

May I ask if there's also a mark scheme ?

Sorry for the late reply here are the markschemes as requested :smile:
Smith
Reply 386
Original post by cooldudeman
I mean the huguans topic with all the radio waves and and light as a wave and particle and the tunnelling. Im really need exam practise on that.

Btw do you have answers to the ones you posted?

Posted from TSR Mobile

So i found some questions on turning points here it is hope this helps.
Smith
Original post by smith50
Smith

Thanks a bunch
Use rh for negative particles and lh for positive

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's not correct?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 389
why is it that for medical diagnosis, lower half life of a substance would minimize the radiation dose recieved by the patient?

if the half-life is short, doesn't that just mean that the radiation dose emitted is over a shorter time?

the amount of radiation is emitted is still the same, the only difference is the duration over which its emitted, right?

I don't understand, if anything, a shorter half life makes the substance more dangerous, because that increases the activity (intensity of radiation), whereas a longer half life would mean for the same dose of radiation, its delivered over a longer period of time
(edited 10 years ago)
That's not correct?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Looks correct... I think one amp is defined as 1 unit charge per second. That unit charge being positive. So current for positive particles will be in the direction of travel & for negative particles in the opposite direction.

EDIT: Tried the hand rule, having second thoughts :tongue:

Original post by smith50
Sorry for the late reply here are the markschemes as requested :smile:
Smith

I owe you lots! I can actually make a real start on this unit now... these questions look good :smile:

Thanks again :biggrin:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 391
Looks correct... I think one amp is defined as 1 unit charge per second. That unit charge being positive. So current for positive particles will be in the direction of travel & for negative particles in the opposite direction.

I owe you lots! I can actually make a real start on this unit now... these questions look good :smile:

Thanks again :biggrin:

Could i quote you if i get stuck ?
Smith
Original post by smith50
Could i quote you if i get stuck ?
Smith

Yes of course :smile: I would actually appreciate that :tongue:

Hey & I'm from West London too !

It can't be true because that would mean that whatever way the current is going (the charge of the particle) then it will always go up!

Posted from TSR Mobile
It can't be true because that would mean that whatever way the current is going (the charge of the particle) then it will always go up!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not necessarily.... depends on the direction of the magnetic field.

& if your talking about the hand rule cooldudeman suggested, I have changed my mind again... I think it is right. Well you can certainly look at it that way if you wish :smile:
Not necessarily.... depends on the direction of the magnetic field.

& if your talking about the hand rule cooldudeman suggested, I have changed my mind again... I think it is right. Well you can certainly look at it that way if you wish :smile:

It's not right. As I said before, if you use both hands and put them next to each other in the same position then it doesn't work. I'm pretty sure it's left hand rule like you said and the direction of current is positive charge and that would move upwards in a magnetic field into the page.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by smith50
Smith

Your such a Boss mate!
Original post by smith50
Smith

Can i just ask are these Spec B questions or just Old spec A ones ?
Can someone check if these arw correct. I don't have MS. Are you supposed to turn Celsius to kelvin when finding heat capacity?
First part, I meant to write
c=937J/kgK
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Can someone check if these arw correct. I don't have MS. Are you supposed to turn Celsius to kelvin when finding heat capacity?
First part, I meant to write
c=937J/kgK
Posted from TSR Mobile

For the first one I am getting c=4140 :confused:

And no because your finding the difference whether it's in celsius or kelvin does not matter... by the way I did the same calculation as you in the first part but replaced that 298 with 80

The rest looks right

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending