The Student Room Group

AQA PHYA4 ~ 13th June 2013 ~ A2 Physics

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Dirtybit
For the third question it asked which was incorrect and if it's an elastic collision wouldn't the change in momentum be 2mv

yeah i thought that but then it said the change in the magnitude of the momentum, and as momentums conserved i thought it would be 0, if it was just the change in momentum i'd have put that too....i'm probably overthinking it though and you're right! what direction was the magnetic field with the dees? i said it was coming up from the page?
Reply 621
After getting completely **** all over by C3 seeing some of these answers are making me feel better
Original post by J_W-x
After getting completely **** all over by C3 seeing some of these answers are making me feel better

Edexcel are pissed

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by shewhomustnotbnamd
yeah i thought that but then it said the change in the magnitude of the momentum, and as momentums conserved i thought it would be 0, if it was just the change in momentum i'd have put that too....i'm probably overthinking it though and you're right! what direction was the magnetic field with the dees? i said it was coming up from the page?

Ahh who knows I can't even remember what I put for that one :confused:
Reply 624
The only multiple choice question I guessed was the gravitational potential on mars one.
I left it until the end because I literally couldn't be bothered to answer it :rolleyes:
Reply 625
What did people get for the final transformers multiple choice question? 460 turns and less than 0.26A?
Reply 626
anyone remember that earth, sun, moon gravitational field question in section A?

whats the answer?
Reply 627
Original post by The H
The only multiple choice question I guessed was the gravitational potential on mars one.
I left it until the end because I literally couldn't be bothered to answer it :rolleyes:

3.6 I think I got for that
Reply 628
Original post by Jack93o
anyone remember that earth, sun, moon gravitational field question in section A?

whats the answer?

I got Earth > Sun > Moon
Reply 629
Original post by fizzbizz
I got Earth > Sun > Moon

what was that, B?
Reply 630
Original post by fizzbizz
What did people get for the final transformers multiple choice question? 460 turns and less than 0.26A?

Correct. Edit: my bad, has to be more than that other efficiency becomes >100% and that's not possible! :colone:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 631
Original post by Jack93o

whats the answer?

I got E > M > S but i'm not 100% sure
Original post by The H

I got that as well
Reply 633
Original post by Jack93o
what was that, B?

A I think
Reply 634
For the last question i got 0.something. I personally think that anyone with the amswer of greater than 1 tesla would be wrong as 1 tesla(according to the book i use) is am extremely large value and so teslas are usually 0.something.

For the last question about working out the angle i put 60 deg and i got 1500 rpm.

To work out the emf I worked out the gradient of the graph. Which I thought was straightforward as i compared the 1st graph with the 2nd one and saw that the point where the emf is peaking is when the flux graph is passing through zero, and hence the graph has a small region where is a straight line, hence you could do change in y over change in x
Original post by Jack93o

whats the answer?

i put sun>earth> moon coz i remembered from somewhere that the gravitational force of the sun on the moon is almost double the earth's on the moon so i assumed the same here.... :frown:
Reply 636
Original post by The H

The moon is pea size compared to the Sun, surely the sun would give a larger force?
Reply 637
i got Earth moon sun
Reply 638

I got more than 0.26 amps as if it was less the efficiency would be greater than 100%
Reply 639
Original post by Xiomara
I got 0.25, but I'm probably wrong!

Same!

Also 27.5 for max emf?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending