The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
i've had two rabbits. Nibbles was the first who died when i was young (6-7ish) from an enlarged tooth *sniff*

my second one was called bodger (my sis named him, bodger and badger?) and he was great, played football etc etc. he was taken (kidnapped) seriously! one day he was gone, there was no way he could have escaped. And other rabbits had been stolen in the area during that and next few days!
Reply 21
MattG
i've had two rabbits. Nibbles was the first who died when i was young (6-7ish) from an enlarged tooth *sniff*

my second one was called bodger (my sis named him, bodger and badger?) and he was great, played football etc etc. he was taken (kidnapped) seriously! one day he was gone, there was no way he could have escaped. And other rabbits had been stolen in the area during that and next few days!

thats horrible!!
Reply 22
piginapoke
You can :confused:

Well when I tried with thumps, he wasn't doing it at all, just pooping anywhere, I took him to the vets, and they said they won't use a litter tray unless they are neutered, so I got him done, and within a week he was fully trained it was very odd, for 6 months I tried everything I could think of, and then he is snipped and he just does it!!
Reply 23
shazza
Mine is a house rabbit, and when he first cam indoors, he chewed through the phone cables (much to the anger of Wes) and yes, He is very lazy, so it's just lops then!! Does yours ever lie down and kick his feet out, or just kind of drop onto his side and lie on his side? I never seen it before this one.

Rabbits are soooo cute! my sister has a lop called barney.
He lies down on his side with his legs either behind like he is on his belly, or to the side. Its really funny. He sometimes sits with his legs tucked under him so he just looks like a fat blob with no legs!

When he runs round the garden he is quite active for a "lazy lop" if you walk past him he will follow you and run alongside almost like a dog would when "to heel". He keeps us up at night as when night falls we shut him in his hutch as opposed to the day time he has a run attached to the hutch so he can do as he pleases. He sits in his hutch and thumps his feet, its sooo loud!

Anyone else get this? we cant leave him in the run at night cus we live opposite fileds where foxes are always about.
Cate
I had his mum as a houserabbit for a while, but she had to 'move out' cos she kept chewing stuff

And also cos she was smelly and noisy...!
shazza
anyone else love them to bits??
Here is my baby, Thumpy doo.

As my rabbit's eye blew up when i was young, thats somehow put me off rabbits...
Reply 26
Iluvatar
As my rabbit's eye blew up when i was young, thats somehow put me off rabbits...

ew!!! how does a rabbits eye blow up!!!!!
Reply 27
shazza

myxomatosis?
shazza

No idea. It had an infection or something below its eye, that might have done it, but i don't really know how.
Reply 29
blissy
myxomatosis?

oh, I have thumps injected to avoid that, and VHD. sounds horrible, don't they die within 24 hours of getting it?
Reply 30
shazza
oh, I have thumps injected to avoid that, and VHD. sounds horrible, don't they die within 24 hours of getting it?

up to 13 days, so even worse.
Reply 31
nasty!!!
Reply 32
shazza
nasty!!!

Can humans catch it!! eeew!
Reply 33
Ladyluck
Can humans catch it!! eeew!

nope :smile:

It was invented to try and keep rabbit populations down and the eye and death thing was a side effect. I think it was supposed to be a contraceptive/sterilising thing

Latest

Trending

Trending