The Student Room Group

c3 25th January 2013 exam

Scroll to see replies

Original post by SuziieB
I didn't tidy up my answer like you guys...I left it as ln(0.5)/-0.25 :awkward: will it still be ok?

I think it would be fine, my friend (who's really good in maths) left it as
ln(0.5)/-0.25 too. remember in the Mark scheme they say ( an answer or eq). So probably your answer would be fine.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 201
Original post by StrawHat_Shifaz
and what was the answer for that ff(-3) question? is it +2?

Yeah, it was

I think it would be fine, my friend (who's really good in maths) left it as
ln(0.5)/-0.25 too. remember in the Mark scheme they say ( an answer or eq). So probably your answer would be fine.

Thanks. I would hate it if I did all the working out, got the right answer but left it in the wrong format and lost a mark, lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 204
Original post by Cosectant
Lol, as much as I am overwhelmed with such compliments - sadly, I am not John! :P - Nice to meet you though!

You too :smile:
Just texted John to make sure...he's basking in the Californian sun... Whilst we're freezing in the British weather ... :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile.
Original post by SuziieB
Yeah, it was

omg really! i remember there was a question like that in the pastpapers! and the answers was the the y of the other coordinate! lol lucky lucky! and is there any workings to show?
Reply 206
omg really! i remember there was a question like that in the pastpapers! and the answers was the the y of the other coordinate! lol lucky lucky! and is there any workings to show?

f(f(-3)) = ff(-3)

f(-3) = 0

So ff(-3) = f(0)

f(0) was the other coordinate with y value of 2

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 207

There's not much working to go with it. When you have ff(x), it means, put x into f(x) and then put that value of f(x) into f(x) again. So the first time you put x = -3, you can read from the graph that f(-3) = 0, then you put f(-3) back into f(x), so f(0), which will give you 2 :smile:
Since we're now officially waiting for our hero Arsey to post the UMS, how did you guys found this paper compared to the previous papers ???
Original post by Cosectant
There's not much working to go with it. When you have ff(x), it means, put x into f(x) and then put that value of f(x) into f(x) again. So the first time you put x = -3, you can read from the graph that f(-3) = 0, then you put f(-3) back into f(x), so f(0), which will give you 2 :smile:

well, i didnt show any workings, and just wrote 2. would i get full marks?
Reply 210
well, i didnt show any workings, and just wrote 2. would i get full marks?

I'm not sure if you would since it was a two mark question and considering you could just guess the correct value from the graph, I think you'll only get the one mark.
Original post by shumen9523
Since we're now officially waiting for our hero Arsey to post the UMS, how did you guys found this paper compared to the previous papers ???

this paper was let's say average. there are a lot harder papers than this and a lot easier ones too! so this one's malcolm in the middle! :colondollar:
this paper was let's say average. there are a lot harder papers than this and a lot easier ones too! so this one's malcolm in the middle! :colondollar:

I have to agree. :smile: I think that this paper was an average paper compared to the previous years. Others may disagree though.
Reply 213
I remember when I use to complain about finding the range for 1 mark.
-______________-
Just found out i missed the last part of a question off, the one about h(x)? apparently it was find the range of the function? does anyone know how many marks thats worth?
Reply 215
Original post by ManUtdFan1990
Just found out i missed the last part of a question off, the one about h(x)? apparently it was find the range of the function? does anyone know how many marks thats worth?

was 4 marks

pretty sure the range is 0 <= h(x) <= root(5)/5

not sure though
Reply 216

3/4/5
:confused:
Original post by TDL
was 4 marks

pretty sure the range is 0 <= h(x) <= root(5)/5

not sure though

Hopefully it was just 4, i think i got every other mark, just a shame to miss it though...
Reply 218

5 marks /:
Original post by Samira123
5 marks /:

Ah no, what do you guys think the 90ums boundary will be?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending