The Student Room Group

English Literature A

I am doing English Literature A Foundation Tier and i am looking at past papers and the question is:

Compare How Parents feel about children in Growing Up and Your Shoes

Compare:
How the parents feel about the children in the stories
How the writer presents these feelings

Could someone please give me a basic structure like how many paragraphs i need to do and what i have to write about in each paragraph?

Many Thanks Lucozadee
Reply 1
Can anyone help please? also how do structure your literature essay i know you obvisouly have a introduction and conclusion but what about the middle bit, i urgently need help i have the exam on the 23rd any help would be very much appreciated.

Many Thanks Lucozadee
Reply 2
Well, I haven't read these poems and I don't have my anthology right now, but a few general tips are that you need around 4-6 points in different paragraphs, always relating back to the question.

Make a statement about one thing in the poem that suggests something about how the parents feel about these children, and in the same paragraph write about what they do that shows you that.

And just keep doing that over.
Reply 3
Thank you for that :smile: , have any more people got any tips or an example essay they could send me?
Reply 4
FireDeuce
Well, I haven't read these poems and I don't have my anthology right now, but a few general tips are that you need around 4-6 points in different paragraphs, always relating back to the question.

Make a statement about one thing in the poem that suggests something about how the parents feel about these children, and in the same paragraph write about what they do that shows you that.

And just keep doing that over.

Also would each point be about both poems or just one?
Reply 5
Lucozadee
Also would each point be about both poems or just one?

Both poems together
Reply 6
An alternative is that you could talk about one poem in depth first, then introduce your next poem at depth, but keep referring back to your first one in comparison. Then perhaps have a paragraph or two mentioning common aspects between the poem. That method sounds a bit complicated but it works better for me.

Latest