The Student Room Group

Warwick VS Southampton VS City VS Queen mary University for Electronics Engineering !

Hello everyone :smile: I have recently received all my offers and I have to choose between Warwick, Southampton, City and Queen Mary Universities.
I applied to study Electronics engineering and these are the offer/rankings for it:
Warwick (does not conduct in rankings) (Russel group) AAB
Southampton ranked 1st/2nd (Russel group) AAA
Queen mary (41st) (Russel group) BBB
City University (38th) AAB

My predicted : AAB
My AS: BBCD
My current location: East london, essex

My question is, which two shall I pick? bearing in mind my prediction.

Thank you in advance for your help ! really appreciate any comments made.:biggrin:
Reply 1
Southampton has the best EE course out of all of them and warwick would come 2nd. Basically southampton has a better EE course, but Warwick as a whole is better. If I was you Id firm southampton and inure either warwick or queen mary depending how confident you are in getting at least aab
Reply 2
Check out the employment prospects of Warwick and Southampton, try to talk to their alumni and visit their campuses to get the student vibes. Choose based on what you have gathered.

Generally, I prefer to go to the uni that has a lower drop out rate to ensure my graduation prospect.

Based on university reputation alone, Warwick is better. But there is more to it than university reputation especially if we're talking about fields in engineering. That said, Warwick engineering looks promising as the university has infused a lot of funding to boost that department.

Quick Reply

Latest