The Student Room Group
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website

Royal Holloway Open Day

Hey, I was just wondering who else on here might be going to the RHUL Open day on Saturday 16th of March? I am, but I don't know what to expect as this is my first proper open day...

If anyone has been to one before or goes to RHUL, what are the most key things to see? (Not including course talks, signed up for them already).

I just want to get as much out of this as possible as RHUL is my first choice.

Thanks in advances lovelies <3
I'm going to the open day on the 16th as well, haven't visited there before either. As it's a saturday there probably won't be too many students milling about so you should be able to go into the empty lecture halls and such. There'll probably be someone available to discuss the course youre interested in if you can find them :tongue:
(edited 11 years ago)
Founders Building, Royal Holloway
Royal Holloway
Egham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by Laurenx123x
Hey, I was just wondering who else on here might be going to the RHUL Open day on Saturday 16th of March? I am, but I don't know what to expect as this is my first proper open day...

If anyone has been to one before or goes to RHUL, what are the most key things to see? (Not including course talks, signed up for them already).

I just want to get as much out of this as possible as RHUL is my first choice.

Thanks in advances lovelies <3

There are campus tours running throughout the day so you'll get the chance to see most of the campus and some of the accommodation, and there are lots of general university talks on the day about all sorts of things, including a sort of 'welcome to Royal Holloway' thing, talks about facilities, accommodation, finances, etc. Those are probably the main things. I recommend having a good explore of campus when you're here- the campus tours will show you all of the most relevant things but it's good to have a little wander around as well.
Original post by llacerta
There are campus tours running throughout the day so you'll get the chance to see most of the campus and some of the accommodation, and there are lots of general university talks on the day about all sorts of things, including a sort of 'welcome to Royal Holloway' thing, talks about facilities, accommodation, finances, etc. Those are probably the main things. I recommend having a good explore of campus when you're here- the campus tours will show you all of the most relevant things but it's good to have a little wander around as well.

Thank you so much, I can't wait :biggrin:
Reply 4
Hey, maybe see you there, this is also my first open day, im booked on the various talks (welcome, subject, accommodation and Students Union) but other than that I suppose its just to get a taste of the place, go on a campus tour and think "could I imagine living here for 3 years", also try to get a look at things that you think you will spend your free time doing so I am going to have a good look at the gym and chapel as I want to continue fencing and singing when im at uni.

What do you hope to study? im thinking of Zoology
Reply 5
sorry, didn't look at the date and realise you've already been !, im going to an open day in June
Original post by cacatron
sorry, didn't look at the date and realise you've already been !, im going to an open day in June

due to illness, i couldn't go! am going to book the one in june...i'm hoping to study criminology and sociology or english :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by cacatron
Hey, maybe see you there, this is also my first open day, im booked on the various talks (welcome, subject, accommodation and Students Union) but other than that I suppose its just to get a taste of the place, go on a campus tour and think "could I imagine living here for 3 years", also try to get a look at things that you think you will spend your free time doing so I am going to have a good look at the gym and chapel as I want to continue fencing and singing when im at uni.

What do you hope to study? im thinking of Zoology

Hi, I'm no singer but thought I'd let you know of some of the choirs that RH has - chapel choir, chamber choir (not as strictly auditioned as chapel choir which is, I think, for those with choral scholarships), show choir, gospel choir, "Absolute Harmony" (acapella), and there's Musical Theatre Society and Savoy Opera, if you fancy a spot of acting too.

There are probably other things going on that, as someone considerably lacking musical talent, I don't know about.

x
Reply 8
due to illness, i couldn't go! am going to book the one in june...i'm hoping to study criminology and sociology or english :smile:

I graduated in English Literature last July, so if you have any queries or worries then fire away!
Reply 9
Then I may see you there haha !

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10

How did you find it ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending