The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 740
What do people think the grade boundaries will be??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 741
Original post by autodidactmedic
Ditto. Do you think if I stated pd-pd as an interaction between the hydrocarbon chains that I'll lose a mark?

yeah maybe, they both would have the same strength of pd-pd forces i think, so that wouldn't be a factor
Original post by chemistryfailure
I put 2HCOOH + CaCO3 = CO2 + H2O + CA(OH)2 ...... is that wrong?

I think it should be:

2HCOOH + CaCO3 ==> CO2 + H20 + Ca(HCOO)2
Original post by Reina
I didn't know whether to write about ligands since I think it said "transition metal compounds" rather than "complexes".

My answer was "Electrons absorb light energy and move to higher energy levels. The frequency absorbed depends on the energy gap between two energy levels (deltaE = hv). The complimentary colour is reflected or transmitted."

It didn't feel like enough, but the question was 5 marks - one being QWC :s-smilie:

I know, if they meant we should describe ligands then that is not your fault as they should have made it clearer. I bet in the right hand column of the mark scheme it will say "emit = CON." ​Damn you OCR
how did people answer the acid question where it said half of the acid had reacted with sufficient amounts of NaOH??
Reply 745
Original post by AmirHabeeb
Oxidation/Reduction involve a change in number of electrons. There was no change. I think it's elimination. :colondollar:

oh i see what you mean now :frown:
Reply 746
I wrote that too. I'm fairly sure it was as I think you had to work backwards from the second equation, where the hydrogen ions increased so the POE shifted to the products and that shifted the POE on the first equation to the left?
Original post by C.JTop
yeah maybe, they both would have the same strength of pd-pd forces i think, so that wouldn't be a factor

:mad:
Reply 748
Original post by Mattywooda
prove Ka = 1.7E-4, when pH is 3.77.

Then pH when HA = A-, 3.77.

pH when half acid has reacted with NaOH, pH = 4.07

i got that too:biggrin:
Reply 749
Original post by JG17
I wrote that too. I'm fairly sure it was as I think you had to work backwards from the second equation, where the hydrogen ions increased so the POE shifted to the products and that shifted the POE on the first equation to the left?

That's incorrect - look at Chemical Storylines page 139.

That silly book does come in handy occasionally!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ohhhhhhhh OCR, Why you so mean to us? :frown:
Reply 751
+5 Antimony (V) oxide
Reply 752
Original post by ells-13
+5 Antimony (V) oxide

I got that :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ells-13
+5 Antimony (V) oxide

YES!
Anybody know what kind of raw marks is 100 % UMS?
Reply 755
Original post by autodidactmedic
yes!

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssss
Reply 756
I put acid-base reaction for the one where H+ is lost, as they react with NaOH and a hydrogen is donated to the base and lost? I thought it was elimination first but if a hydrogen goes missing when it reacts with a strong base like NaOH I assumed acid-base reaction...
Reply 757
Original post by ells-13
+5 antimony (v) oxide

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssss
Anyone got a copy of the paper?
Original post by Mattywooda
prove Ka = 1.7E-4, when pH is 3.77.

Then pH when HA = A-, 3.77.

pH when half acid has reacted with NaOH, pH = 4.07

for the very last bit, did you divide the Ka by 2 and -log'ed it??

Latest

Trending

Trending