The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lagukage4
Yeah i really should get an A in f322 as well :smile: i did a mock for the jan 13 that i missed and got 86% without revision! -_- an A will really take pressure off maths to get accepted to uni and i just really wanna nail chem after the hours ive put into it :P you should be fine though! i hate f325 so much so id settle for a B to take pressure of high 90% in the other two, even with my really good coursework grade :s-smilie:
I can do things like get up at 5 to do work for hours on end but never an all nighter! most important thing ive found is that you burn out really quickly and end up accidentally sleeping in on the times you need to be getting up... this is just from personal experience and i dont know if its different for you... but if that isnt something youre used to, just be careful is doesnt end up actually jeopardizing everything :smile:

I won't.
in jan i also late to f321. i cant forgive myself as I came out with a high B even though i was late. I could have gotten near to full marks had i been on time... a lesson i have learned is to be on time 2 hours early than 5 minutes late.
Reply 981
Original post by Hello...
do you have a picture of it?? It came out wierd in the post... I'm not sure it can even exist

Isn't it dimethylethanol?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by .raiden.
Ah okay! Good luck with this round :biggrin:

thanks! you too :smile:
Reply 983
Original post by scorpio22
I won't.
in jan i also late to f321. i cant forgive myself as I came out with a high B even though i was late. I could have gotten near to full marks had i been on time... a lesson i have learned is to be on time 2 hours early than 5 minutes late.

ah thats really gutting :/ ive just learned to never 'memorise' my exam timetable as it leads to something stupid like what i did :/ that went around the college pretty damn fast too so its come back to haunt me! :P ah well, last stretch and its all over! :biggrin: good luck with the exams! :smile:
Reply 984
Original post by Kat12395
Isn't it dimethylethanol?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think the stucture is all wrong tbh... the second carbon down is making 6 bonds and another carbon is only making two
Im doing 322 324 and 325 too! :smile: i was meant to do f322 in jan but somehow got the wrong time for the exam and missed it! -.- embarrasing much? :P i really should nail f322 this time considering its the 3rd time ive revised it now! :smile: as for f324 and f325.... well its not looking great atm :/ got a C yesterday in a f325 mock, struggled a bit and im just about coming to grips with f324 :smile: but I want an A overall and i need at least 130 UMS in f322, 70+ UMS in f324 and about 120 UMS in f325 :s-smilie: so you aren't the only one slightly behind with those! :smile:

Original post by scorpio22
I believe i will get an A in F322 as the is no other option otherwise i wont get accepted to uni... my positive thinking lool. I need an A in f324 as well and i can settle for a C in f325 as i passed my courseworks really well.

I am doing all nighters for the next 4 days.
I need to fit biology in there somewhere; so much to revise

Yeah i really should get an A in f322 as well :smile: i did a mock for the jan 13 that i missed and got 86% without revision! -_- an A will really take pressure off maths to get accepted to uni and i just really wanna nail chem after the hours ive put into it :P you should be fine though! i hate f325 so much so id settle for a B to take pressure of high 90% in the other two, even with my really good coursework grade :s-smilie:
I can do things like get up at 5 to do work for hours on end but never an all nighter! most important thing ive found is that you burn out really quickly and end up accidentally sleeping in on the times you need to be getting up... this is just from personal experience and i dont know if its different for you... but if that isnt something youre used to, just be careful is doesnt end up actually jeopardizing everything :smile:

same aiming for 90% on this exam! I did f324 in january and got a C but not retaking it, I doubt i would have had time to revise for it im struggling enough with the amount i've got already lol. I quite like f325, maths isn't my strong point but I seem to be able to do the calculations in the papers alright. what exam board are you for biology? I also resat f321 in january and got a high A which has helped ease the pressure of these two exams. So if you're late dont they just add time onto the end? or do you have to stop when everyone else stops? good luck to both of you!! :smile:
Original post by Sum786
Don't you need to convert the mass into grams because they have given you the conversion figures?

nope because the tonnes on the top and bottom of the equation will cancel out :smile:
Original post by Sum786
Has anyone got a copy of the Jan 13 paper, that they could upload?
Thank you

I think it's in the OP :smile:
Original post by needtosucceed=)
nope because the tonnes on the top and bottom of the equation will cancel out :smile:

Even if you convert them, the calculator somehow cancels them out for, you doesn't it? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
same aiming for 90% on this exam! I did f324 in january and got a C but not retaking it, I doubt i would have had time to revise for it im struggling enough with the amount i've got already lol. I quite like f325, maths isn't my strong point but I seem to be able to do the calculations in the papers alright. what exam board are you for biology? I also resat f321 in january and got a high A which has helped ease the pressure of these two exams. So if you're late dont they just add time onto the end? or do you have to stop when everyone else stops? good luck to both of you!! :smile:

the did add time but i had been running, came in stressed ,palms sweating. it was awful..lesson learned.
C in f324 is pretty good. F325 is the one to beat lol.
I am doing bio on ocr.. i like f215, easy to memorise but time consumin... i hate f214...
Reply 990
F322Jan13.pdf

here u go
Reply 991
Hey guys,
Im stuck on q3d in jun12

I got the moles of the actual amount of hydrogen, but keep getting wrong the theoretical amount
Reply 992
Does anyone know why it would be difficult to determine the standard enthalpy change of formation of hexane directly?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ImAz
Does anyone know why it would be difficult to determine the standard enthalpy change of formation of hexane directly?

Posted from TSR Mobile

- Activation energy too high

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 994
Original post by Jimmy20002012
- Activation energy too high

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ooh I thought it would be because many hydrocarbons are formed? Just wanted to gather a general idea haha

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ImAz

Posted from TSR Mobile

Could also be that the reaction was too slow
Reply 996
Can someone explain boltzmann distribution?
Reply 997

oh okay, thank you :smile:
Reply 998
q4aii-iv in june 2012 is similar to jan 13 q4c&d and i dont know how to answer them...helpppp please :smile:
Original post by Sara_A
q4aii-iv in june 2012 is similar to jan 13 q4c&d and i dont know how to answer them...helpppp please :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I've not opened up the document but I'm assuming it's the one that asks for the activation energy for the reverse reaction? If so then all you do is add together the enthalpy change and the activation energy. Ignore the negative sign in the enthalpy change, make it positive.

Latest

Trending

Trending