The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Octopus_Garden
Ich weiss nicht als ob ich meine Ausbildungsinstitution ,,OCR Gateway" benuetzen wird.

Tha didn nake sense tho
Original post by Gilo98
Feel like breaking up your AS discussion :mmm:

:mmm:

:mmm:
It will drag on for weeks. Du kannst es nicht stoppen! Und naechste Woche wird man die GCSE Ergebnisse bekommen. TSR will go mad with "my life is over, I only have A*A*A*A*A*AAAAAAC- I can never go to Oxford now" threads.
Original post by thatitootoo
Tha didn nake sense tho
Warum nicht?
Reply 5783
It will drag on for weeks. Du kannst es nicht stoppen! Und naechste Woche wird man die GCSE Ergebnisse bekommen. TSR will go mad with "my life is over, I only have A*A*A*A*A*AAAAAAC- I can never go to Oxford now" threads.

Oh don't be silly! The threads will be more like 'I have twenty A*s and an A, can I still go to Oxford?' :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Ich weiss nicht als ob ich meine Ausbildungsinstitution ,,OCR Gateway" benuetzen wird.

I *don't* something and in my opinion, OCR is rather weird? (totally guessed :tongue:)

:zomg: those grades are of some relevance to me :h: that C grade :sigh:
Reply 5785
Original post by Marii101
谢谢!I'll write those new words down and be sure to learn them tomorrow!
真的吗?我爱吃辣的!红豆呢?我知道有红豆冰淇淋,可是不知道是好不好吃。

P.S. 还是 means 'Or', right? If so, when is it appropriate to use it? Why should I use 或者 instead?

The short answer is that 还是 can mean or, but it is used in questions. In statements, 或者 is used, and 还是 takes on other meanings.

红豆呀?我自己不太喜欢,不过我知道在台湾红豆甜品是很受欢迎的,人们很喜欢在刨冰上加点红豆和糖浆一起吃。北方人爱不爱吃辣我就不知道了。
Original post by Vionar
Oh don't be silly! The threads will be more like 'I have twenty A*s and an A, can I still go to Oxford?' :rolleyes:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm totally out of rep. Bugger.
Original post by L'Evil Fish
I *don't* something and in my opinion, OCR is rather weird? (totally guessed :tongue:)
I don't know whether my educational institution will use OCR Gateway

I dearly hope the reasoning isn't.

If GCSEs were as important as people think they are on TSR, there would be no such things as A-levels, because people would apply to university immediately after their GCSEs. Oxford looks at the things, to build up an overall picture of the person. They don't cross quadruple A at AS-level candidates off the list, solely for the sake of a couple of non-A*s in unrelated subjects.

It's a good thing my husband never got advice with his application from TSR!

LOL!!!:grin:
Reply 5788

Original post by Vionar

Posted from TSR Mobile

AHAHAHAH That's so true. I was lurking around the Oxbridge forum once and saw a ton of people posting "Hi guys I really want to go to Oxford but I'm scared my poor GCSE grades will hinder me. I got 19A*, done 3 A Levels early and got A*s in all of them, done a s***load of relevant work experience, but got an A in GCSE PE. Do you think I still have a chance?", and I sat there thinking this.
Ich weiss nicht, ob meine Ausbildungsinstitution überhaupt "OCR gateway" benützen wird.

Hmmmm :tongue: excuse the english quote marks :wink:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by thatitootoo
Ich weiss nicht, ob meine Ausbildungsinstitution "OCR gateway" benutzen wird.

Hmmmm :tongue:
Possibly. I think you may be right.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by AquisM
The short answer is that 还是 can mean or, but it is used in questions. In statements, 或者 is used, and 还是 takes on other meanings.

红豆呀?我自己不太喜欢,不过我知道在台湾红豆甜品是很受欢迎的,人们很喜欢在刨冰上加点红豆和糖浆一起吃。北方人爱不爱吃辣我就不知道了。

噢,谢谢你!To be honest, I can't actually reply back in Mandarin to that. :colondollar: I only understood half of what you said and had to translate the rest.
Reply 5792
My friend wants to start learning Japanese, any tips/useful resources?? :smile:
Original post by EmyJ14
My friend wants to start learning Japanese, any tips/useful resources?? :smile:

Ummm....My friend has been learning Japanese for about a year now and the thing she regretted the most is not learning Hiragana first because with it, you can recognize characters and be able to read and speak them without relying too much on romanized Japanese/roumanji (That's really important because she wants to do the GCSE and she literally can't read anything at all). Hiragana is one of the Japanese writing systems (Kana) and I think I remember her telling me that it's the main one so your friend should definitely learn it. - (The other one is called Katakana but it's mainly used for foreign words or something and there's also Kanji which is a set of Chinese characters).

So first they should learn Hiragana then Vocab and Grammar (as well as Kanji).

I remember that my friend also uses a site called Japanese Lingualift. Although you only get 14 days free, I remember that my friend printed out resources from there that helped her practice and learn Hiragana. She also found http://nihongonoki.com/study/jlpt/n5/

It's really basic (Only teaching the alphabets and simple vocab like greetings and numbers) so it's good for beginners like your friend. It's also really good if your friend wants to take the JLPT (Japanese Proficiency Test) because they help you prepare for it. (I'm presuming that the vocab they teach must be those required for each level of proficiency) If your friend has Google Chrome, they also have an app on Chrome Store which takes you directly to the website.

I find about.com to be really useful for explaining languages so why not take a look at the japanese site as well.

If your friend wants some solid textbooks, here's a list with ratings and reviews. http://www.goodreads.com/list/show/4530.Best_Japanese_Learning_Textbooks

That's all I got :smile: I hope your friend finds the links useful.
Reply 5794
噢,谢谢你!To be honest, I can't actually reply back in Mandarin to that. :colondollar: I only understood half of what you said and had to translate the rest.

没关系。:smile: Do you understand now, though? Is there anything you'd like me to explain?
Original post by AquisM
没关系。:smile: Do you understand now, though? Is there anything you'd like me to explain?

I understand now. To be honest, it was only a few words.
Reply 5796
I understand now. To be honest, it was only a few words.

That's good,then. If you need any help, let me know. :smile:
Original post by AquisM
That's good,then. If you need any help, let me know. :smile:

Is it just languages you excel in, or are you also like crazy good at maths?
Are you a history buff?
Reply 5798

Ich kann versuchen!!
Ooh, you chose the best science :tongue:

Again OCR gateway, exam this year was unbelievabley easy *he says hoping he has an (A*)*
Je suis allée aujourd'hui et je me suis inscrit aux cours du soir!

Now I have to wait and see whether eight other people also sign up for Chemistry.

Latest

Trending

Trending