The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 6680
Original post by thatitootoo
w00t
SURELY you MEAN GcSe Riight!?!?

Original post by overthelove

Yeah I did my GCSE in French in Years 9 and 10! You are 14, and can speak so well in other languages! This thread is full of surprises!

And you are starting French and German at A-Level! I am jealous!

Oui, je parle le Francais, et un petit, petit, petit peu de l'Allemande. Cet été, je suis all
ée en Allemagne, donc, j'ai pratiqué avec ma tante. Je suis un débutant! (I think that is beginner, haha). Etes-vous looking forward to it? hahaha :smile:

So sorry!! Meant to say GCSE! Bloody hell, **** A-Level atm!

Etait-ce bon? (germany)

Oui, je pense que ce serais (not sure on ending) bonn si mon classe ont d'accord
Loool xD
Reply 6682
Is there only one future tense in German? In french they have the immediate and the 'proper' future but does german just have the one where you use werden?
Original post by Gilo98
So sorry!! Meant to say GCSE! Bloody hell, **** A-Level atm!

Etait-ce bon? (germany)

Oui, je pense que ce serais (not sure on ending) bonn si mon classe ont d'accord

Hahaha, don't worry about it :smile: So you are going into Year 10 this September? And I think the ending is with a 't', I'm not entirely sure!

Ouais, c'etait incroyable! Beaucoup des gens etaient sympa!

J'èspere que votre classe est bonne! En plus, c'est utile si ton professeur est gentil, et pas toujours stricte!

(I hope I understood correctly what you said haha, or this response must be confusing :tongue:)
Original post by Gilo98
Is there only one future tense in German? In french they have the immediate and the 'proper' future but does german just have the one where you use werden?

I think German only uses one auxiliary for the future... werden
Reply 6685
Hahaha, don't worry about it :smile: So you are going into Year 10 this September? And I think the ending is with a 't', I'm not entirely sure!

Ouais, c'etait incroyable! Beaucoup des gens etaient sympa!

J'èspere que votre classe est bonne! En plus, c'est utile si ton professeur est gentil, et pas toujours stricte!

(I hope I understood correctly what you said haha, or this response must be confusing :tongue:)

Oui, je comprende vous! Mon prof est vraiment sympa, et quelquefois, un peu stricte - la meilleure combination! cependant, J'éspere que je faire bonne avec mon l'Allemande...j'aurait un class par semaine et mes parents ne pensent pas un classe
ar semain est (enough)!!
After consulting Octopus on the matter:..Phantom was right. "Das" not "dass"
His examples made it look too easy...but turns out that's all there is to it!
Reply 6687
I think German only uses one auxiliary for the future... werden

Vielen danke!

So in German they only have:
present
present perfect
simple past
future
conditional
Original post by Gilo98
Oui, je comprende vous! Mon prof est vraiment sympa, et quelquefois, un peu stricte - la meilleure combination! cependant, J'éspere que je faire bonne avec mon l'Allemande...j'aurait un class par semaine et mes parents ne pensent pas un classe
ar semain est (enough)!!

Mon prof était comme ca!

Oui, tes parents sont vrai, c'est pas assez! (enough)

What else are you taking for your GCSEs?

And in response to your German tenses question, I think that's all they have... Actually, there might be one more, I'll have a lookie online :smile:
Phantom! You've caught me out! :wink: Once I saw my post, I immediately questioned the spelling of that word! I remembered the spelling of "sense" so I thought I should just stick an 's' at the end.
Technically, English is my third language...long story xD (But in my lonely life, it has to serve as my "main" language. While my other tongues slowly rot in my mouth </3

How interesting...tell me more!

Actually...:wink:

Ich glaube /Ich finde / Ich denke, dass es heute sehr windig ist!

I know what you mean but 'das' is just an overly complicated nightmare

Sehr gut :wink:

No, it's easy really. Just don't fret too much about the rules and let it slowly sink in. Trying to simply memorise the cases and endings without context was just an exercise in frustration for me.
Original post by Gilo98
Vielen danke!

So in German they only have:
present
present perfect
simple past
future
conditional

They have one more! Apparently, according to The German Professor and Wikipedia (even though it isn't that ​reliable)

1. Present tense
2. Simple past tense
3. Future tense
4. Present perfect tense
5. Past perfect tense
6. Future perfect tense

To be honest, I'm not the best person to ask haha, so sorry if I'm incorrect :frown:
Original post by 21stcenturyphantom
How interesting...tell me more!

Sehr gut :wink:

No, it's easy really. Just don't fret too much about the rules and let it slowly sink in. Trying to simply memorise the cases and endings without context was just an exercise in frustration for me.

Noted. & Tootoo must look to the future or else tootoo sad :tongue:
After consulting Octopus on the matter:..Phantom was right. "Das" not "dass"
His examples made it look too easy...but turns out that's all there is to it!

There's quite a few subordinating conjunctions that use this, such as weil /because/. Here is a handy list. . The phrase 'Als ich junger war' /When I was younger/ helped me remember als as a subordinating conjunction.

Noted. & Tootoo must look to the future or else tootoo sad :tongue:

Oh, OK. Perhaps some other time. :smile:
There's quite a few subordinating conjunctions that use this, such as weil /because/. Here is a handy list. . The phrase 'Als ich junger war' /When I was younger/ helped me remember als as a subordinating conjunction.

Oh, OK. Perhaps some other time. :smile:

:yep: Tootoo ist völlig mit dir einverstanden :yep:

Ooh there were a few I did not know about! Danke schön!! :biggrin:

:grin: :grin: :grin: Tootoo
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by KythingToWrite
You said I should quote you on here, so... Tafadhali nifundishe Kifaransa :smile:
(Also, I have no idea how this thread works.)

Bonjour = Good Day :wink:
:yep: Tootoo ist völlig mit dir einverstanden :yep:

Also, was benutzt du um Deutsch zu lernen?

Not TooToo but Rosetta Stone is good for learning languages, I've used it for German, Italian and Russian with decent results although nothing beats being in the country and learning :smile:

Nichts :tongue: Lool I just seem to basically pick up on some words I see here and there, then I mentally associate them with a similar Dutch word and usually (if the resemblance is strong :tongue:) I just remember it :redface: Sentence structure also comes very naturally to me :redface:...I realise that I need to actually start making an effort to learn German! xDD

(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by tehFrance
Not TooToo but Rosetta Stone is good for learning languages, I've used it for German, Italian and Russian with decent results although nothing beats being in the country and learning :smile:

Ja, du hast recht, aber, ich mag ,,Rosetta Stone" nicht, weil ich denke dass es eine Methode sehr teuer ist, und es gibt viele andere Möglichkeiten für den eigenständige Anfänger wie Teach Yourself, Colloquial, Assimil und ,,Living German". Jeder Person muss eine richtige Methode für selbst finden und dann jeden Tag üben. :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 6699
They have one more! Apparently, according to The German Professor and Wikipedia (even though it isn't that ​reliable)

1. Present tense
2. Simple past tense
3. Future tense
4. Present perfect tense
5. Past perfect tense
6. Future perfect tense

To be honest, I'm not the best person to ask haha, so sorry if I'm incorrect :frown:

Ah thank you!

Mon prof était comme ca!

Oui, tes parents sont vrai, c'est pas assez! (enough)

What else are you taking for your GCSEs?

And in response to your German tenses question, I think that's all they have... Actually, there might be one more, I'll have a lookie online :smile:

Ce serait bonn!
erm...english lit/land, maths meth/app, triple science, geog, hist, business, french, german

Et votre A-Levels?

Latest

Trending

Trending