The Student Room Group

A2 English Literature WJEC anyone? 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Hello.
How can I talk about form in King Lear, The Wife of Bath and White devil?
Please can someone help.
:smile:
Reply 181
Original post by rhodgson123
Am i the only person doing Measure for measure and comparing it with Malfi? and for the poetry doing William Blake Songs of Innocence and Experience?

I need help..I can't remember anything haha! so stressed..is A03 just critics ideas???:frown::frown::frown::frown:

Nope, A03 is critics and your own personal interpretations. I'm not sure if critics are compulsory for gaining the top marks though; perhaps it is best to put a couple in (only if they are relevant that is!)
Does anyone know many quotes we are supposed to have?

I find learning Chaucer quotes particularly strenuous, more so since he wrote before standard spelling and kept changing it throughout to suit his rhyming and meter.

Makes the examiners marking our spelling of quotes pretty ironic. :biggrin:
Original post by bethaaan
I'm writing all the key quotes for each theme and the ao3 and ao4 on revision cards and just testing myself on them. Hopefully it works!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thanks for this! and good luck for tomorrow x
Reply 184
Going to fail this exam only know 4 poems in detail, q.q meeeeeh.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I couldn't be any more nervous than I currently am...
I'm studying King Lear, Oedipus Rex and Paradise Lost Book 9.
I don't know enough quotes, I don't really know how to structure my essay and overall, I am screwed for this whole exam.
I had a B at AS and need an A to get into university...not feeing particularly confident at this moment in time :frown:

I hope you all do brilliantly, though :smile:
Reply 186
Off to bed now, best of luck everyone!! I'm sure we all get our predicted grades and perhaps beyond that :wink:
Reply 187
Any predictions on what the questions will be for King Lear?
Original post by H0ls
Any predictions on what the questions will be for King Lear?

I'm hoping that it will be something on setting/location or power...
They have all come up, lool

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 190
Original post by Nathaniell
They have all come up, lool

Posted from TSR Mobile

What ones do you think may come up then?
Original post by abcdeffion
I'm hoping that it will be something on setting/location or power...

Are you mad? :eek:

I'm personally hoping for suffering
There is still gender, perhaps filial relationships, blindness, human intelligence, and they can also ask specific questions on characters like they have done with the fool. And i`ve noticed they always give the option for one purely based on dramatic/play devices, unluckily location has already come up, but maybe devices used to build tension etc. Those are my random guesses anyway :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 193
Original post by iamthestig
Are you mad? :eek:

I'm personally hoping for suffering

I'm hoping for family/tragedy/madness/power/suffering.
Anything else and I'm royally screwed.
Reply 194
How can we best link with the unseen poetry? Is it just mainly with the language and themes?
Big tip for anyone! read through some examiner's reports for 'advice' they literally spell out what people do wrong and what you should do instead :smile:
Reply 196
Original post by Nathaniell
There is still gender, perhaps filial relationships, blindness, human intelligence, and they can also ask specific questions on characters like they have done with the fool. And i`ve noticed they always give the option for one purely based on dramatic/play devices, unluckily location has already come up, but maybe devices used to build tension etc. Those are my random guesses anyway :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Ah sweet. Blindness wouldn't be too bad. How many quotes have you learnt roughly?
Reply 197
I'm telling you now blindness won't come up.

Regarding, unseen poetry I think if you make two perceptive comments while comparing it to Blake. I think that's enough right? To get 5 marks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 198
Original post by HistoryGal
Big tip for anyone! read through some examiner's reports for 'advice' they literally spell out what people do wrong and what you should do instead :smile:

Link to one of the reports maybe? if you wouldn't mind. :smile:

Sorry for double post.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 199
Original post by SkyWar
I'm telling you now blindness won't come up.

Regarding, unseen poetry I think if you make two perceptive comments while comparing it to Blake. I think that's enough right? To get 5 marks

Posted from TSR Mobile

What do you think, then?

The way I've approached every Blake essay is either 2/3 poems with 3 paragraphs and a link per paragraph. They say it's the quality rather than quantity.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending