The Student Room Group

Edexcel iGCSE English Language exam June

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
omg its getting closer aaaah this is tooo much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply 41
For private candidates, will they have to answer questions in relation to the anthology?
Reply 42
Original post by you-only-live-once
i agree too, but was Beach Safety printed in colour?

Yep it ws in colour
Original post by Tweakey
For private candidates, will they have to answer questions in relation to the anthology?

Yes
anyone with info on the past examined tets for section B of the anthology
Reply 45
anyone noe what sec b anthology it is yet
Reply 46
Original post by Rajsab
anyone noe what sec b anthology it is yet

spec b dosent have anthology
Reply 47
Original post by kaz10
Hello

I am planning to take my iGCSE English Language exam this June as a private candidate. I have no idea what it will be based on. I have less than 2 months to revise where should I start from?!

Any help would be great.

Thank you!

Hey, i know this was almost a year ago, but I'm in the same situation as you now, and had a couple of months to revise for iGCSE English Language. How did you find it? And what grade did you get if you dont mind me asking?
Reply 48
Original post by Greg182
Hey, i know this was almost a year ago, but I'm in the same situation as you now, and had a couple of months to revise for iGCSE English Language. How did you find it? And what grade did you get if you dont mind me asking?

Does it include the Anthology? If you are unsure, ask them because I took the exam not knowing I had to answer questions from the Anthology but still got the C. Be sure to go over the short stories and poems in Anthology if needed.
Reply 49
Original post by Tweakey
Does it include the Anthology? If you are unsure, ask them because I took the exam not knowing I had to answer questions from the Anthology but still got the C. Be sure to go over the short stories and poems in Anthology if needed.

No I'm doing specification B which i dont think has an anthology.
Reply 50
I bought the Edexcel iGCSE English A&B book and worked from that, very helpful. Then I completed all the past papers which are on their website. I'm doing the B specification.
I sit the exam tomorrow so I will let you know how well my revision went!
Good Luck!
(edited 10 years ago)
I have the IGCSE English language B tomorrow too.... anyone got any idea what is going to be in the exam? Like what specification and all?
And also, what are the main few things to revise over the night before your exam?
Hi, I am looking at taking the Spec B exam in June, has anyone got any tips for revision as to give me the best possible chance?

Thanks
@PayneJordan same here, just go thru as many past papers as possible and read the edexcel book thoroughly and you'll be fine :biggrin:
How was the may 22nd 2014. Paper? Eng lang B
was section b a speech or an article or letter?
Original post by dulqarnain123456
was section b a speech or an article or letter?

speech and letter
Reply 58
Original post by Zaid-247
speech and letter

Speech? Section B was a letter.
Original post by Drowzy
Speech? Section B was a letter.

For me, because i do the edexcel igcse certificate level 1/level 2 the paper was 48 marks and had a 12 mark speech question and a 12 mark letter question and a 24 mark question on The Last Night.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending