The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Musester
Just mad because we have him, and soon you won't even have Suarez. Nevermind at least there's always Borini lolol

No ones mad because you have Torres

If Suarez leaves then they have Sturridge who is better than Torres

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3441
Original post by TH3-FL45H
No ones mad because you have Torres

If Suarez leaves then they have Sturridge who is better than Torres

Posted from TSR Mobile

And we'll have Ba, who's better than Sturridge.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Musester
And we'll have Ba, who's better than Sturridge.

Liverpool fans have to be the biggest dicks on the internet.

I'm sorry but Ba isn't better than Sturridge, Chelsea never gave him a chance but at Liverpool the quality of his performances have improved. Ba hasn't done anything special at Chelsea, he played better football at Newcastle. He'll be on the bench, if he's lucky, for next season.
5 million is a pisstake estimate, considering you bought Borini - the Chelsea reject - for 12 mil.
Tbh, i never liked Ba. We only bought him because we needed a striker and he had a cheap release clause.
Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
5 million is a bit too exaggerated tbh
15 million sounds about fair for Torres. 20 million too much 10 too little.
Original post by Tweek
Apparently some Liverpool fans have been burning Suarez shirts already.

can't say i'm particularly surprised ! tell you what , would be great to see Gerrard leave - just to see how many liverpool fans would start going on an anti-gerrard rampage and just casually forgetting everything he did for the club :tongue:
Original post by Malevolent
15 million sounds about fair for Torres. 20 million too much 10 too little.

Would be like when Newcastle wasted 17m on Michael Owen based on the player he was 3 years previously. Ironically the only club stupid enough to pay 15m for a has been striker like Torres, would be Chelsea.

10m would be the absolute ceiling given his age, and ****ness.
Original post by Zürich
Would be like when Newcastle payed 17m for Michael Owen based on the player he was 3 years previously. Ironically the only club stupid enough to pay 15m for a has been striker, would be Chelsea.

Can't quite work out this transfer market to be honest. So many extremely high prices and low ones that I don't know where it should be.
Original post by Fas
can't say i'm particularly surprised ! tell you what , would be great to see Gerrard leave - just to see how many liverpool fans would start going on an anti-gerrard rampage and just casually forgetting everything he did for the club :tongue:

I thinks if he goes they should respect him as long as it is abroad
Original post by Zürich
Would be like when Newcastle wasted 17m on Michael Owen based on the player he was 3 years previously. Ironically the only club stupid enough to pay 15m for a has been striker like Torres, would be Chelsea.

10m would be the absolute ceiling given his age, and ****ness.

Nice signature -- I really like the picture of Wenger there lol.

--

Not sure if this has been said but we're close to signing Marco van Ginkel. I know nothing about him but apparently he looks very promising.
Original post by The Assassin

--

Not sure if this has been said but we're close to signing Marco van Ginkel. I know nothing about him but apparently he looks very promising.

I've heard he is kinda overrated but I wouldn't be surprised if we got him; Mourinho seems to have a new-found passion for youth.
As long as Mou is making the signings I'm not fussed who we get. Heck if he says he'll get Torres back to his old self, I believe it.
Original post by CB91
Oh dear, now youre boasting about having Torres? Lmao, how the mighty fall. You can buy Suarez if you want though, another £50m? :wink:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nah. Suarez bit off more than he can chew.
Reply 3454
Does anyone have a clue what's happened with Lazar Markovic. I thought Benfica signed him but apparently Chelsea have signed him and loaned him to Benfica according to other reports. Pretty confusing.

I know we were trying to get him last January but there's been nothing more on him. Now there's conflicting reports.
Original post by Isometrix
As long as Mou is making the signings I'm not fussed who we get. Heck if he says he'll get Torres back to his old self, I believe it.

Please don't call him Mou. It is a truly terrible name for such a legend.
Original post by Cannotbelieveit
Please don't call him Mou. It is a truly terrible name for such a legend.

Ok boss :yy:
Reply 3457
Original post by Tweek
Does anyone have a clue what's happened with Lazar Markovic. I thought Benfica signed him but apparently Chelsea have signed him and loaned him to Benfica according to other reports. Pretty confusing.

I know we were trying to get him last January but there's been nothing more on him. Now there's conflicting reports.

Ah, this would make sense. :holmes: Markovic is extremely highly rated from what I know and he's apparently a Chelsea fan as well, so.
Reply 3458
Original post by Tweek

According to Benfica's official website he's signed a five year deal with them. Sky, amongst others, reported we'd signed him but loaned him out to Benfica for two years, but I guess they were wrong. :dontknow:
Original post by The Assassin

Actually quite a clever photo, Wenger's trying to balance footballs representing traditionalism and modernity here with a focus on the later . Pretty ironic that a guy who revolutionised English football is now seen as a throwback to a bygone era. Pretty much sums Le Prof up. :moon:
(edited 10 years ago)

Latest